Did UPS just cheat me?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by chrf097, Dec 17, 2011.

1. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

i ordered my Macbook Pro on the 15th with overnight 1-day shipping. The computer shipped yesterday to the local UPS center, who was delivering today, I saw the trucks, yet UPS tracking said it would not arrive till Monday. I called and asked if I could pick it up and they wouldn't let me. Did they cheat me? :confused:

2. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Call apple, I bet they refund the charge.

3. chrf097 thread starter macrumors 68040

chrf097

I think it was ordered from Amazon. I'll have to ask.

4. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

One day shipping doesn't include Saturday delivery unless specified. You'll get it Monday.

5. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

If OP ordered the item overnight on Thursday, 12/15/11, it should arrive Friday. The only caveat is the time of the order. If, for example, the order was placed late in the day, then it would not go out until Friday. UPS does not deliver on the weekend, so the order would arrive Monday.

In theory, if the order was placed at, say, 9:00AM, it could have gone out Thursday. However, my experience is that Amazon takes a minimum of one (and usually two or three) days to ship, the item would not go out in time for Friday delivery, and Monday would be the soonest - even for overnight.

Remember, when you are counting days, it's BUSINESS days - that excludes weekends and holidays.

I know it stinks to wait (Ihave the patience of a three year old) - hang in, OP - the fun will start Monday!:D

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I'm confused now :confused:

7. marcusj0015 macrumors 65816

... Amazon doesn't sell Macbooks in your world?

8. nrajack macrumors member

Actually UPS does deliver on the weekend but there are some specific ways a package has to be shipped for that to happen. See this page at their site for an explanation: http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/sri/glo_satd.html?srch_pos=3&srch_phr=saturday+delivery

----------

Actually I think he's confused in that the OP doesn't seem to remember where he ordered his computer from.

This is one of the few products that Amazon is actually the seller. There is some stuff they market that they act as the selling point/shipper for the actual seller.

PS: what the heck is going on here? I tried replying to another post in this thread and it gets lumped in with another reply I made today. I even logged out, quit Firefox, logged back in and went to reply to the second post and it still ends up being part of my original reply to ANOTHER post in this thread.

9. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

No, I'm confused too. The OP says that they ordered the computer, yet they "think" they ordered it from Amazon - not sure how someone can be unsure where they ordered their own computer from.

10. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Yep, that's my point ;)

11. chrf097 thread starter macrumors 68040

chrf097

Haha, I didn't directly order my computer. My mom did but I paid her. She got it from Amazon. Anyways, It's just one more day so I can wait.

12. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

That makes more sense now :)
    Thanks for clearing up the mystery!

Patience is a virtue, but I know it is tough waiting for Apple products to arrive
    Enjoy your new Mac!

13. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Learn to multiquote. Consecutive posts are frowned upon, and MacRumors automatically consolidates consecutive posts made within a certain period of time.

14. David085 macrumors 6502a

David085

Sure they made out with your MBP and kept it for themself they cheat with your MBP

15. nrajack macrumors member

This is the only forum I'm on where I've run into this. Multiquote I've seen on only one other forum - automatic consolidation of posts that's a new one. Didn't know consecutive posts are frowned upon - unwritten rule or is this in the TOS? Unwritten rules I don't get along with.

16. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

It's not considered a huge deal here, but it is listed right in the forum rules under "Minor Problems".
    I just thought you'd like to know what was going on.

17. nrajack macrumors member

This multi-quote thing looks really bad.
    And speaking of quotes - why doesn't the forum software allow embedded quotes? By that I mean when I quoted your post to reply it only shows what you wrote and not what you quoted. Makes it difficult to follow if one wants to refer to something the poster being replied to quoted.

18. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

This thread has gone pretty far afield from the OP. Please direct questions about his forum to the Site and Forum Feedback section.

19. memoryking9191 macrumors newbie