Did Verizon's activation process change?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blueturf, Feb 2, 2017.

1. blueturf macrumors member

I just got an I7+ from the Apple Store for Verizon. I brought it home and swapped sims with another line on my account. When I go to activate it, it comes up with the phone number for the line I used to purchase the phone. Before when I've done this, I've been able to activate the phone with a sim from a different line than I purchased the phone on. I've done this many times over the years. If I go through the activation process, will the SIM from the line I purchased on get disabled?

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

When I upgraded from my 6+ to a 7+ The Apple store rep had to call in the activation to Verizon. just putting in the old sim wasn't enough.

3. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

Perhaps something changed with the 7/7+ because I recently bought a 6s from the Apple Store and just moved the Verizon sim from my Pixel to the iPhone. However, when doing this I didn't have visual voicemail because Verizon uses a different SIM between iPhones and Android phones. But everything else seemed to work fine.

4. nhlfreak98 macrumors 6502

When I went from a 6 to a 6s I just swapped the sims. That's weird how they might have changed it

5. ajay96 macrumors 6502

Switched from a Galaxy S6 to an iPhone 7 on Verizon. I had to just swap the sims and it worked fine for me.