Did Verizon's activation process change?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blueturf, Feb 2, 2017.

1. blueturf macrumors member

Nov 25, 2008
    I just got an I7+ from the Apple Store for Verizon. I brought it home and swapped sims with another line on my account. When I go to activate it, it comes up with the phone number for the line I used to purchase the phone. Before when I've done this, I've been able to activate the phone with a sim from a different line than I purchased the phone on. I've done this many times over the years. If I go through the activation process, will the SIM from the line I purchased on get disabled?
  2. Armen macrumors 604

Apr 30, 2013
    When I upgraded from my 6+ to a 7+ The Apple store rep had to call in the activation to Verizon. just putting in the old sim wasn't enough.
  3. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

Aug 1, 2008
    Perhaps something changed with the 7/7+ because I recently bought a 6s from the Apple Store and just moved the Verizon sim from my Pixel to the iPhone. However, when doing this I didn't have visual voicemail because Verizon uses a different SIM between iPhones and Android phones. But everything else seemed to work fine.
  4. nhlfreak98 macrumors 6502

Apr 16, 2013
    When I went from a 6 to a 6s I just swapped the sims. That's weird how they might have changed it
  5. ajay96 macrumors 6502

Jul 29, 2013
    Switched from a Galaxy S6 to an iPhone 7 on Verizon. I had to just swap the sims and it worked fine for me.