iPhone 11 Pro Did you adjust or not to warmer iPhone 11 Pro / Max screen?

Did you acclimate to the warmer screen?

• Yes, I acclimated with TrueTone ON

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Yes, I acclimated but I turned TrueTone OFF

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Yes, I acclimated but I adjusted Color Filters

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • No, tried all the above and never acclimated

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I didn’t even know it was an issue

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Yes, I acclimated but I turned TT OFF & adjusted color filters

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters

m0sher

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 4, 2018
Just a poll to see how many 11 Pro & Pro Max owners, who had issues with the displays being warmer, ended up feeling about it after owning and using it for at least a couple months?

If you do have questions about the warmer displays please ask in the original thread.

I tried with TT OFF for a while because I felt it was too warm for my taste.

I used to turn TT OFF at night because in a dark room the screen’s blue tint was a bit too bright on my eyes.

One night I realized I never turned TT back OFF and it had been weeks.

I realized A. I didn’t even notice the warmer display anymore & B. that it’s easier on the eyes especially when using it in low or no lightning with TT ON after all.

So wondering in short what members ended up doing?

Remember if you have any questions, complaints, praises......take it to the original thread linked above.

Last edited:
Reactions: arfbsantoso

nburwell

macrumors 601
May 6, 2008
DE
My 11 Pro screen definitely has a more "warmer" tone than my Xs. I played around with the color filters to get the screen to my liking (cooler with a more blueish tone).

Pakaku

macrumors 68020
Aug 29, 2009
I turn on Night Shift, set it to something a little warm but very close to white, and set the scheduled time to "from 5:01 to 5:00" so that it's always on.

now i see it

macrumors 603
Jan 2, 2002
Not using that iPhone, but I keep the NightShift slider halfway up the scale permanently. It's never off. Eyes get used to the warmer tint. Now when I turn NS off (to take a peak, like right now) holy cow the screen is way too blue and harsh to my eyes-
So there

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.