Did you calibrate your MBP screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thadoggfather, Feb 16, 2008.

1. thadoggfather macrumors 603

thadoggfather

If so, did you use the integrated ColorSync app or Supercal?

Or did you keep it default?

2. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

My screen looks perfect as is just using the default color profile.

3. Cliff3 macrumors 65816

Cliff3

Yes, I have calibrated all my screens, and no, I use an i1 colorimeter with Xrite software.

4. tothelimit macrumors regular

tothelimit

what are you calibrating it for? (i.e. what kind of work do you do on it?)

5. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 603

thadoggfather

I don't do any work on it that requires me to calibrate the screen. just wondering though.

6. Osprey macrumors 6502

I calibrated the one I use with Pantone, but the one I bought for my husband looked awesome when it came and he does audio not video so I left it alone. I figured why mess with something that looks great on his.

7. Shua macrumors regular

I'm ordering the Spyder 3 Elite as I'm getting a projector for the home theater as well. Going to try it on that as its not offered on the Pro.

I sent a few of my photos off to a print house and they came back, less then I was expecting. So I started doing research and found ColorVision's Spyder series.

I figured if I was going to print out 16" x 20" photos I want them looking the very best. I have read that its a good practice to check it on a regular basis or before you start doing alot of color corrections. Also make sure that you calebrate it to the standard that your print house uses. You should be able to find out if they use sRGB or Adobe RGB. They make a huge difference if you send them the wrong files.

8. tothelimit macrumors regular

tothelimit

i'm a graphic artist... and i do a lot of design work for print (4 color process printing) and i use the spider3 pro from color vision. love it