Did You Download Apps W/O Having To Pay?!?!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by guilty-pleasure, Jul 21, 2008.

1. guilty-pleasure macrumors newbie

Hi, just wondering if anyone else have experienced the same thing as myself? I recently purchased 6 apps altogether but at different times. The first time, I purchased 3 apps and I was only charged for the first download and I was able to download the other 2 for free, that's right I never got charged by Apple! The second time, I downloaded 3 more apps and I never got charged for downloading any of those at all. Share your experiences with downloading apps. Will they bill me at a later date? Should they have not charged me right away? Will the downloaded apps still work even if I wasn't charged?

2. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

I downloaded a ton of official FREE apps and didn't get an email receipt for several days. Same happened when I redeemed a bunch of free starbucks song codes.

I'm thinking that Apple tries to group transactions together to lessen their billing load and maybe save on credit card fees by giving you a window of a day or two after your first transaction. Makes sense.

3. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

I also believe this is the case. Happens to me with TV Shows from Apple TV

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Yeah, this happens to me when I purchase music. I doubt that you are getting any freebies.

5. sharp65 macrumors 6502

There store is a few days behind, I didn't get charged for tetris until 5-6 days after I bought it.