Did You Ever Fall Asleep With Your iPhone In Your Hand?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MICHAELSD, Sep 27, 2008.

1. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

It's pretty weird waking up with an iPhone 3G in your hand. Especially when you have no idea what you were doing with it and how much (or little) it was abused. It was a little past 2 AM last night when I was browsing the web on the coach with my iPhone. I just fell asleep right there on the coach with my iPhone 3G in my hand. At around 6:30 AM when I woke up I immediately noticed that I had my iPhone 3G in my hand. The first thing I thought was oh **** WTF happened to it. It didn't really look like anything noticeable happened, other than a lot of clear smudges. I just turned it off and went to bed. I wouldn't doubt that I could have scratched it on the coach, though I don't think that there are any marks on it that weren't there before, but I have a feeling I could be wrong. At least I didn't have it in my left hand, I would've probably dropped it. I think that it looks less new than it did before I fell asleep, though I think that's probably in my hand.

That was weird since that never happened to me before with anything and for four hours I had no idea what the **** I was doing to my iPhone (I know that a lot of you are going to post stupid replies because of that sentence... :p). Did any of you guys ever fall asleep when you were in the middle of using something, like your iPhone?

2. Ezra12 macrumors member

Wow thats the same thing that happened to me man!!!!

3. Metuas macrumors regular

Metuas

Bed. iPhone. Almost nightly.

I'm lucky I haven't dropped it on the nightstand behind the bed and given it a good crack.

4. Samarium macrumors 6502a

Samarium

Well, everyday I sleep with my iPhone on my hands. Magically it always appear under my pillow the next morning.:p

5. kwjohns macrumors 6502a

kwjohns

I'm kinda wondering what you were doing on your coach? :D

6. Jeonat macrumors regular

Well I usually leave it on my bedside table so it won't get damaged but a few nights I have been really tired but happily surfing the web on my iPhone in bed, fall asleep and the next morning it's lying there next to me... :p

7. Whorehay macrumors 6502a

Whorehay

I fell asleep with the phone on my ear... still connected to the other person.

The call was 4 and half hours long.

8. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

This has got to be the weirdest thing I've read in this place... :confused:

9. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I do not even know how its possible things could stay in your hand while you are asleep, If that would happen to me, the iPhone would probably be halfway across the room...its probably because I shift around in bed.

10. MICHAELSD thread starter macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

It might not have been in my hand, I might have just been leaning my hand on it when I woke up. I don't remember how it was that well. I hope I wasn't sleeping over it ;)...

11. Pixellated macrumors 65816

Nice to know... :D

12. DMC-12 macrumors 6502

DMC-12

I always fall asleep while listening to podcasts or music on my iPhone. When I wake up, I'm usually lying on it. The battery is often drained below 20% somehow. I'm pretty damn worried that I will unknowingly jab my elbow into the screen or something when getting out of bed. I even lowered my dorm bed to the ground in order to avoid dropping it from any substantial height.