Did you ever have your Mac laptop stolen while in College?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by waloshin, Aug 1, 2011.

?

Did you ever have your Mac laptop stolen while in College?

1. Yes

8.0%
  2. No

92.0%
  1. waloshin, Aug 1, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2011

waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

Did you ever have your Mac laptop stolen while in College? If so share your story.

Also I would like to know how many have destroyed or just broke there Macbook Air and how?

Thanks

2. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

Mine was stolen last week, so I bought another. But then yesterday it happened again, and I had to get another one. Today I can't find my laptop. I'll probably just make another trip to the Apple store and buy a few backups just incase. The worst part is, they were 27" iMacs. I lost the carrying cases too!

3. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Nope. Back in my days, we didn't have laptops. We had pencil and paper and that's the way it was and we liked it!:p

4. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Nope.

But I did have my windows laptop stolen at an airport while I was in college. Had it sitting next to me on the floor, got up to walk to my gate and it was gone. Somebody somehow got it while I was looking the other way or something.

5. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Thankfully no but that's because I was too poor to afford one back in the day. In college I was rocking a hand-me-down Dell tower PC. I think it was a Pentium II with a whopping 40GB HD and 512MB of RAM. Then I upgraded to a POS Toshiba Satellite laptop that held it's charge for all of 10 minutes before I had to bolt to the nearest wall outlet. Oh how the times have changed.

As far as destroyed? The above mentioned Toshiba Satellite laptop. Thanks to countless viruses I had to restore the HD so many times, I actually memorized the WinXP License key. Eventually the motherboard fried so I dropped the laptop out of a three story apartment building. I did go back and pick up the hard drive, just in case, but yeah, it was completely FUBAR'd.

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Went to college in the early 90s. No laptop for me. I did have a computer running 20Mhz, 2MB of RAM, 40MB harddrive, and a 24-pin dot matrix printer.

7. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

no not my MBP ... however once I had all my clothes stolen from the laundry mat right while I was there using my MBP ... went to check the dryers and they were gone ... socks, underwear, everything ... very annoying

8. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Not my laptop but I have had my apt broken into and had my ipod, cologne, golf clubs stolen

Also had my temp tags on my car stolen this last week

Had a skateboard stolen also