Did you get AppleCare+ for AW sport?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by DaveMike11, Jan 11, 2016.

?

Did you get AppleCare+ for Apple Watch?

1. Yes

70.3%
  2. No

29.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DaveMike11 macrumors member

Hi All,

I would like to know if AppleCare+ is worth it get for AW sport 42mm aluminum model?

Do you purchase one for your watch ?

2. IphoneIssues macrumors 65816

I have one of the stainless models, but you didn't get any responses yet, so I'm just offering a little perspective here.

I have AppleCare+ on mine. It's best to protect your investment whenever you can.

3. Older bird macrumors regular

Older bird

4. FrisbeeK9 macrumors 6502a

FrisbeeK9

I did because it's going to get banged. I work with lots of server racks and I seem to always be smacking my arms in to them.

5. funnyboy88 macrumors regular

Yes, I did. For $49, it is worth it. A watch is constantly exposed to the elements.

6. DaveMike11 thread starter macrumors member

7. pdxa4 macrumors 6502

8. Samh92 macrumors regular

Samh92

I haven't, I'm unsure if I will or not. I'm really really careful when it comes to my watch. I guess for the small price it's a nice peace of mind to have if something goes wrong.

9. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

I haven't but I don't mind claiming on my insurance, its what its there for.

10. Phuturism macrumors newbie

For the cost of the watch it felt like small potatoes for that added protection.

11. dooku77 macrumors member

dooku77

I just purchased a like new 2nd hand watch that the seller included the AppleCare + for no extra. It was one of the criteria for me to have it. Some extra reassurance, so I say it's worth it.

12. toph2toast macrumors 6502

I bought it for 2 reasons, as an early adopter to a gen 1 product, I wanted to cover my bases. I'm also pretty clumsy and have a 9 month old daughter so it seems like a good idea.

13. ashtonking6001 macrumors newbie

I WILL. No one can repair it but Apple. It's going to be expensive

14. Qqueenie macrumors regular

Qqueenie

The cost of repairing a broken watch without apple care is more than $200. I only paid $150 for my watch after all discounts, and it seems like the chance of the watch falling and breaking at some point in its life is high enough to justify the $50 for applecare...

15. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

Jepp. I've never bought it for any of my other Apple products, and never ended up wishing I had. But this time I had a feeling it was a good idea.

16. tkukoc macrumors 6502a

tkukoc

Originally forgot to order the device with Apple Care on launch day. Once it arrived I took the box unopened to the Apple Store and opened it right in front of the guy. I put my device in a case anyway, so I really didn't need to purchase it. But on the complete off chance I decided to purchase Apple Watch 2, I figured with Apple Care still on this device I could get a little more for it. Though after reading the rumors of Apple Watch 2, totally passing on it. The current device does everything I need anyway. Health/Fitness/Notifications, everything else = gimmick.