Did you get Black or White iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Akira1980, Jul 15, 2008.

?

Which color did you get?

1. White

69 vote(s)
    52.3%
  2. Black

63 vote(s)
    47.7%
  1. Akira1980 macrumors 6502

Akira1980

Let's see how many people got white or black iPhone 3G! :D

2. lkeslinger macrumors member

White, even though I actually prefer black most of the time; I was just worried about the smudges. Oh well.

3. ttech10 macrumors 6502

I ordered a white one. It comes in tomorrow so I'll get to see how it deals with dirt and whatnot first hand.

4. mynameisrichard macrumors member

White. I was pretty sure I wanted it, and not the black. Then when I saw photos of the black, I knew I had to have the white. The black to me is just plain boring and ugly. The white one is just amazingly sleek. I'm young, so it's a vibrant color and not so dull and dark as black.

5. ayzee macrumors 6502a

ayzee

In a way I did want the white, but was unable to get it. But im happy with the black now as I have decided to go caseless, which I wouldnt have been comfortable doing with the white, as it would eventually get dirty.

6. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I got black. Not a fan of white, sticks out way too much. Black is sleek and sexy....

7. krye macrumors 68000

krye

I got the white. My wife got the black. And my thoughts about finger prints and smudges was confirmed. You can see them so much easier on the black one. It's like the black vs white 5G video iPod conundrum I had 2 years ago. Don't get me wrong, the black looks great. It just shows off finger prints much more than the white. Also, I wanted the white because it just looked more "Apple" to me.

PS I did a poll last month and more people were planning on buying the black one than the white. I wonder how many people settled for the white one because the black one was out of stock.

8. offcamber macrumors 6502

offcamber

I purchased a black 16gb after I saw every girl walk out of the store with a white one.

Ask yourself:

• "What color would a ninja get"?
    • "What color would a highschool girl get"?

9. tekmoe macrumors 68000

LOL

i bought a black 8gb.

10. Anthony T macrumors 6502a

I knew I wanted a 16GB, and at first I wanted the white. I usually like my electronics in white, and my first iPod was white. However, I later decided to get black, especially after realizing that the white was more feminine. And after seeing them in next to each other in the Apple Store on display, I'm glad I decided to order a black one.

11. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

White! I cannot believe that there are more whites than blacks -- I wanted to be original (although I have yet to see any other Whiteys in Maine)!

12. ProMod macrumors 6502a

I agree the white looks very nice and has the advantage of hiding scratches and smudges, but it is just very teenage and feminine. If you plan on using this thing in front of any business contacts or in any situation where your masculine and professional image is a factor, get the black.

Anyone seen the American Express commercial where the guy pulls out the credit card with the superhero on it to pay for a business lunch? Same concept.

13. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Couldn't be any further from the truth. How can you say that the White iPhone is childish or less professional?! I could maybe see your point if you were holding a sidekick or something -- but definitely not the iPhone. If I actually used my iPhone for business, I would stand proud with it and not be ashamed at all.

14. ProMod macrumors 6502a

To each his own I guess.

15. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

You need to find better customers/business partners. Our customers care about the software and services we provide, not the color of our iPhone or credit card theme...

16. klb028 macrumors 6502

I'm a girl and right now, I completely prefer the black. I think it looks better (haven't actually seen it in person yet, however) and I'm surprised that the votes are actually pretty close!

17. magid macrumors 6502

magid

I will be buying a 16gb black within the week.

18. Alloye macrumors 6502a

I intended to get black but got white after seeing it in person. That being said, I think both color schemes look quite nice. White just won me over for some reason. :)

19. danedane5 macrumors member

danedane5

White

I got a white one. At first i was deadset on a black 16, but the store at the mall was out of those, then I decided it wouldn't matter because I would have it in a case pretty much all the time, and white hides scratches and smudges better anyways. So I went white, and really I love it. Not everyone has a white one and with my case it has designs on the back that the white can be seen through so it looks really designed. So yes white.:D

20. RSC10 macrumors member

RSC10

Does that mean a white BMW 750 IL looks "very teenage" and "feminine?"

21. slicecom macrumors 68020

I got black 16GB luckily! I was third in line and the store had 2 black 16GB and 1 white. The guy who was second for sure wanted black 16 and the first guy in line was trying to decide between white or black. I was able to talk him into white so I could get the last 16GB black. If he had taken black 16GB, I would have had to settle for an 8GB!

22. bozs13 macrumors regular

black

do like the white though, just think it would get old for me

23. aforty macrumors 65816

Then again, you'd have to stand there and be ashamed of being a Redsox fan, or at least you should be. :rolleyes:

papelbon = pure, unadulterated FAIL