Did you get the text messages?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by EricNau, Jan 15, 2008.

1. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I hate to be the party-pooper for what I'm sure was great coverage, but I'm just curious: Did anyone receive updates via text message today?

I've been signed up since the last event, and received one text message a few days ago, and received a text message at 8:48 this morning reading, "Approximately 30 minutes until Steve Jobs' keynote begins - apple online stores down" ...but that was the last one I received. :confused:

Thank you :)

2. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Yep, I too only received that one txt message, and didn't receive any others. Fortunately I was "watching" via my iPhone.

3. tennismanclay macrumors regular

tennismanclay

same here, i was kinda mad. Had to wait till after school to see what they updated !! i got one a few days ago and then one this morning just like you. nothing else, and i was signed up for them.
    :(

4. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

5. Mudbug Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

Hi all -
    As mentioned on Twitter's blog - our use of Twitter to send out over 7,000 SMS messages at once hit them like a ton of bricks that they weren't expecting. Apparently my first sendout of "roughly 30 minutes to go" was enough to cripple them, then we tried to do followup posts throughout the speech as it went along. Needless to say, if we crippled them at first, it didn't get better.

Our apologies to those that were hoping to have timely text messages delivered throughout the keynote - we're aware of the issues (as are the great folks at Twitter, for that matter) and we'll be looking for other delivery capabilities in the future.

Thanks for understanding -
    Mudbug

6. Porksword macrumors member

I've been signed up of the email notification for posting of the media stream once it became available. I found it on my own without seeing any of the announcements and didn't get an email until 3:00am this morning.

7. EricNau thread starter Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Thanks - I thought that might be the problem.