Did you guys get any hookups with your iPhones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tnisatard, Nov 8, 2008.

1. tnisatard macrumors 6502

just wondering, i might possibly have a hookup getting my iphones on the data plans

i know my friend gets free unlimited text

i might get discount on a plan because the att person will put that i work for the post office and etc.

but then i once heard ATT wont allow employees to give discounts on iphone plans specifically

2. scull20 macrumors newbie

Under ATT's EMO (Employee Mobility Offer) on a family plan, with the iPhone set as the primary line I am getting 50% off unlimited data and free unlimited texting. AFAIK everything else stays the same...I don't see the bill directly, just pay my share to my Mother(an ATT employee). I can find out more if need be.

-Ryan

3. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

I got a USB cable. It's a pretty good hookup.

4. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I opened this thread thinking the OP was asking if people were able to pick anyone up at a bar somehow using their iphone. Now I am disappointed. :D

5. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

Haha! Me too!

Then I also thought maybe it was talking about other connectors besides the USB "hookup"

6. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Remember in California a set of connectors must consist of only two connectors, each the opposite gender. Also, you are only allowed one set of connectors. A Y cable or a hub is not appropriate.

7. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

Clearly you don't read COSMO!

(For the record, I don't read Cosmo either, but I did find the link on another forum and found it hilarious.)

Kind of gives "iLife" a whole new meaning, eh?

8. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

Those darn emo's get everywhere!!!

9. lucidmedia macrumors 6502a

This made me laugh out loud. Here in Massachusetts we don't have such problems.

10. Surely Guest

Surely

The only hookup I got was more a compensation because the AT&T sales rep at the store totally screwed up. They ended up waiving the activation fees on both phones on the family plan. We signed up in Denver, CO, but wanted Los Angeles, CA area codes. She accidentally gave us Denver area codes and couldn't switch them to LA codes. Basically, 2 hours later, she was able to get the right person on the phone and finally give us the numbers we wanted in the first place. The AT&T store is not a fun place to hang out in for 2 hours.

But, man.... I'd like me some free unlimited texts...... how does one get that? :D

11. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

i bought the first iPhone for $550 including a case.
    i got a $100 credit.

meaning now my iPhone net worth was $450

i sold my iPhone a year later, about 2 weeks before the iPhone 3G came out, for $410

For using an iPhone for 1 year, it was only at a cost for me of $40

Not really a hook up though.

12. milani macrumors 68000

milani

Me too, but just for the record: yes :D!