Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tnisatard

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 1, 2008
just wondering, i might possibly have a hookup getting my iphones on the data plans

i know my friend gets free unlimited text

i might get discount on a plan because the att person will put that i work for the post office and etc.

but then i once heard ATT wont allow employees to give discounts on iphone plans specifically

scull20

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2008
Under ATT's EMO (Employee Mobility Offer) on a family plan, with the iPhone set as the primary line I am getting 50% off unlimited data and free unlimited texting. AFAIK everything else stays the same...I don't see the bill directly, just pay my share to my Mother(an ATT employee). I can find out more if need be.

-Ryan

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
I opened this thread thinking the OP was asking if people were able to pick anyone up at a bar somehow using their iphone. Now I am disappointed. :D

firstapple

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007
I opening this thread thinking the OP was asking if people were able to pick anyone up at a bar somehow using their iphone. Now I am disappointed. :D

Haha! Me too!

Then I also thought maybe it was talking about other connectors besides the USB "hookup"

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Haha! Me too!

Then I also thought maybe it was talking about other connectors besides the USB "hookup"

Remember in California a set of connectors must consist of only two connectors, each the opposite gender. Also, you are only allowed one set of connectors. A Y cable or a hub is not appropriate.

Demosthenes X

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2008
I opened this thread thinking the OP was asking if people were able to pick anyone up at a bar somehow using their iphone. Now I am disappointed. :D

Clearly you don't read COSMO!

The Best Places to Meet a Guy
Hot spot: The Apple store
The draw: Most guys are natural gadget lovers, and with sales of iPods and MacBooks skyrocketing, more men than ever are stopping by Apple boutiques. The vibe at the stores is conducive to man meeting too: You can check your email among cuties, take a free workshop on anything from Photoshop to podcasting (a great opportunity to strike up a conversation), or just survey the, ahem, good-looking merchandise.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/dating/best-places-to-meet-men?click=main_sr

(For the record, I don't read Cosmo either, but I did find the link on another forum and found it hilarious.)

Kind of gives "iLife" a whole new meaning, eh?

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
The only hookup I got was more a compensation because the AT&T sales rep at the store totally screwed up. They ended up waiving the activation fees on both phones on the family plan. We signed up in Denver, CO, but wanted Los Angeles, CA area codes. She accidentally gave us Denver area codes and couldn't switch them to LA codes. Basically, 2 hours later, she was able to get the right person on the phone and finally give us the numbers we wanted in the first place. The AT&T store is not a fun place to hang out in for 2 hours.

But, man.... I'd like me some free unlimited texts...... how does one get that? :D

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2007
i bought the first iPhone for $550 including a case.
i got a $100 credit.

meaning now my iPhone net worth was $450

i sold my iPhone a year later, about 2 weeks before the iPhone 3G came out, for $410

For using an iPhone for 1 year, it was only at a cost for me of $40

Not really a hook up though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.