Did you have Lemonade Stand when you were a kid?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jmann, Aug 8, 2009.

1. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I know I did this many times with my twin to make a quick buck. I remember that people would always stop by in their cars and give us like $5 bucks for a cup of lemonade just to be nice. I was pretty tech savvy as a kid too, we one time made a big banner on the computer and printed it out on a numerous sheets of paper to make our coffee table look more snazzy. :p Did you ever do a Lemonade Stand or something similar when you were a kid?

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

we did soda stands

parents payed for the ice and soda and we kept all the proceeds lol. parents were quite nice!

3. erickkoch macrumors 6502a

Yes! Sold Lemonade and Kool-Aid. Our "Stand" consisted of a couple of TV trays, a little red wagon, and a sign but it worked well enough.

4. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

I used to do this with a couple of my friends at the walking track near the part. We had a huge cooler to take and it was too heavy to carry all the way to the place where we sold it (it was two whole blocks!) so we would put it on a skate board and push it. Very, very clever for nine year olds. We would sell Kool-Aid and what not. From what I remember, we would make about $50 everytime we would do it, which was quite a lot for us younglings!

5. Buzz Bumble Guest

We were forced to play the rather silly Lemonade Stand "game" on the school's Apple ][ computers if that counts. It was meant to teach you about simpl economics, but instead it taught me how b-o-r-i-n-g (not to mention hidesouly slow) some computer games are. :)

6. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Yup. Mom made the lemonade (and paid for the ingredients) and we set up a stand at the corner. We raked in a small amount of money that made us feel very rich!

7. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

No, because I lived in the middle of nowhere.

8. shivermetimbers macrumors 6502

Nope, I was too busy crashing my BMX bike into things and drinking out of the garden hose.

9. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

No, but i used to sell food for school mates in break :D

10. seven7seven macrumors regular

YUP! only made like $5 each (did with my sister) though each time :(

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

No sir I did not. I figured people wouldn't be walking down a road in rural Greater Manchester thinking "you know I'd love some fresh lemonade".

12. bartelby macrumors Core

I was too busy making a killing out of washing the cars of posh people. Me and my mate would make about £150, each, a week during the holidays of the mid 80s.

13. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

No, I've never heard about anything like that in Britain.

We used to return empty pop and beer bottles to the off-licence to get the deposit back and spend the money on sweets, crisps and more pop. :cool:

14. TheReef macrumors 68000

TheReef

Yep, raided the neighbour's lemon tree and made $1.20.

15. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Did you have a license to sell lemonade? :rolleyes:

16. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I did all sorts of things as I liked earning money. I had a lemonade stand, I mowed lawns, sold candy to people at school, babysat (which may have contributed to the reason I don't have kids), detailed cars (this became quite the business), rented lockers in the more desireable areas of school, drove people to and from school, and probably much more.

17. jmann thread starter macrumors 604

jmann

you rented lockers to people? :)

18. AppleLover9o macrumors regular

Yea, we franchised.. We're now known as Jamba Juice.

AL9o

19. Buzz Bumble Guest

These days, not only would you need a license, but you would also need to have a label on the side detailing the exact ingredients, calories, fat / sugar content, country of origin, etc. Then there is the huge fee to the local council for use of their footpaths, have the health inspector give you a certificate of compliance that has to be displayed, ... :rolleyes:

20. jmann thread starter macrumors 604

jmann

Perhaps the mean government will require them to have 3-compartment sinks. :p ;)

21. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Never had a lemonade stand (not that usual here, and apart from people setting them up for special events, like along the route of the seven mountain hike) they where extremely rare back when I grew up.

I did - however - run a small business of selling tails of racoons and foxes (red and arctic) to my fellow school mates for a while. It was, after all, the late 70s/early 80s and it was relatively "hip" to have stuff like that as an accessory and/or attached to your bike or whatever.

22. gillboyswims96 macrumors regular

i feel so special :p no one else has said they have ever had a sno cone stand.

well i did :p

made GREAT money doing it actually id say a estimate of $20 a day, divided by 2 people, $10 each! And when your only buying candy it goes quite a ways.

Last year I started selling misc. items like jewlery and stuff i make at school... that made probably $50 from the whole year... hope to do more this year...

23. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

HAH. That sums it up for me pretty well. :D

24. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

I had a lemonade stand at all of our garage sales from the ages of about 5 to 8 or 9. That is where all the real profit is ;)

25. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Yes, until we got sued for lack of permit. /joke
    (Oh looks like I got beat to it, but my mom always warned to me to be clean as foshizzy cause you never know what people would do)
    Tried many a time, but failed every time.

-Omi