Did You Install Silent Charge or Silent Photo?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sidewinder, Oct 6, 2010.

1. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

Did any of you install Silent Charge or Silent Photo? If you did, those apps and their respective undo apps are no longer on Cydia. Here is a video from the author of those apps on how to restore the iPhone back to where it was:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfSt2zpaNhY

S-

2. iPhone4UK macrumors 6502

why has it been removed mate?

3. sidewinder thread starter macrumors 68020

sidewinder

No idea....I installed Silent Charge and wanted to remove it. But the undo app was gone from Cydia. I fixed it myself. But I figured this would be a good video to post for others.

S-

4. sidewinder thread starter macrumors 68020

sidewinder

Okay. It looks the Silent Charge and Silent Photo apps were removed from Cydia because they replaced files and did not restore them when removed.

To be honest, I hate the sound made by the iPhone when you plug it in to a power source. But, after installing Silent Charge, I found that I still wanted some kind of audio feedback. So I made a short sound that is much more pleasing to my ear to replace it. I used a WinterBoard theme to do it but I could have renamed the original file and put my new sound file in its place. No I get audio feedback that is not grating on my ears.

S-