Did you Instant Sale On Ebay?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Tycoonguy, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Tycoonguy macrumors regular

Did you sell your original iPad with Ebay's Instant sale?

If so how much did you get?
    How long did it take to receive payment after shipment?

I shipped my 16GB Wi-Fi out for $370 today. I'm praying I get the money by Friday morning.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. Saberj macrumors regular

Paypal will hold the funds that you get paid for a certain amount of time in order to give the receiving party time to file a complaint, OR until they give you positive feedback. It's annoying, and I think it sets up the potential for more fraud in cases like that.

4. Tycoonguy thread starter macrumors regular

5. brykater14 macrumors newbie

I sold mine through the instant sale. I received $435 for my 32Gb wifi only model. I shipped on a Wednesday, they received it on that Friday, and I was paid on Tuesday.

Also, since this was an instant sale through ebay, there was no waiting time for the funds to become available. Plus I received the full amount they quoted me and didn't have to pay any fee yet.

6. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Well that was a bad idea. As Jessica mentions, you should have opted for instant payment, or at least waited until payment is received. I have never ever shipped out anything before getting payment in my account first.

Hopefully, you get your money.

7. Saberj macrumors regular

I hadn't actually looked at Instant Sale before. Seems like a cool idea. Though it's too bad it won't take into account the fact that my iPad has a 2 year warranty with SquareTrade that includes accidental damages. Still, I may have to consider that, since it doesn't have any fees.

8. Mattstkc macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

eBay has gotten sneaky!!! They used to automatically take the fee out before the $ goes to paypal, now they "invoice" you at the end of the month and then auto withdraw it from your bank account. Kinda douchey if you ask me that I have to set aside the fee for the end of the month. And Unprofessional

9. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

This is not true.

The fee comes out right at the sale. For new ebayers they may hold funds but they have never held any funds from me. Some of my sale are over $5000. It all depends on your experience at eBay. They take the fee out the second it is sold and funds deposited in your PayPal account. For some these funds may not be available till all is confirmed to be OK.

10. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Did paypal say it was OK to ship?:confused:

11. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Hmm, I've been a long time seller myself and they never charge the fees out immediately for me, even for instant sale. Everything gets accumulated at the end of the month for me in a consolidated bill, like Matt said. I'm a top rated, bronze power seller too.

When I get paid, the funds are deducted from Paypal immediately, but never from ebay.

12. Tycoonguy thread starter macrumors regular

13. HXGuy macrumors 68000

How did you get $370 for your 16GB Wifi?

I sold my wife's 32GB Wifi and they offered $362, and checking the 16GB now says $304.

I sent mine wife's off on Friday, they are scheduled to get it on Wednesday and hopefully pay me on Friday.

14. Tycoonguy thread starter macrumors regular

I added the $370 price in my cart during the keynote. I was selling it to a friend who backed out on Saturday. I called this morning and was told my $370 will hold.

15. The JTizzle macrumors 6502

The JTizzle

Instant sale offered my 420 for my 64 gb. Feels a little low to me, gonna try a auction first.

16. HXGuy macrumors 68000

Nice job. That's definitely one thing I learned this round...sell the item BEFORE they announce the next one. I was using to selling my iPhone where I always got at least, and usually more, for the old unit than what the new one would cost me...but it's a different story with that because of the ATT contract.

17. HXGuy macrumors 68000

I would take it. You'll have to sell it for around $470 + shipping on eBay to get the same $420 net after you pay eBay their fees.

18. The JTizzle macrumors 6502

The JTizzle

Problem is I have cases and the dock I wanna get ride of also, and not seeing any way to add that kinda stuff to the instant deal.

19. Apple Expert macrumors 65816

I was going to use Instant Sale for my 64GB+3G. But Gazelle was paying more. $556. So I choose them. Hopefully it sticks and they pay me what they agree too.