Did you know...

floatingspirit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 13, 2001
398
0
Seattle, WA
"Both inventors of the Apple computer were occultists. To demonstrate that the computer had an occultic base, they priced it at $666.66."

I came across the above at the below:

http://www.geocities.com/jesuselcristos/hoaxology_09.html

Sounds like a website from Dan Brown's book Angels and Demons. It asserts that the invention of the computer was the inspiration of a demon, and other cool stuff. For example, how computer system architecture and temple architecture are strikingly similar...dramatic music plays in background :cool:
 

Hoef

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2004
825
0
Houston, TX..... (keep walking)
floatingspirit said:
"Both inventors of the Apple computer were occultists. To demonstrate that the computer had an occultic base, they priced it at $666.66."

I came across the above at the below:

http://www.geocities.com/jesuselcristos/hoaxology_09.html

Sounds like a website from Dan Brown's book Angels and Demons. It asserts that the invention of the computer was the inspiration of the devil, and other cool stuff :cool:
Wasn't Leonardo da Vinci who forsaw the APPLE falling from the tree hitting Newton's head that spawned mechanica? :cool:
 

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
6,182
1,192
East Coast
Blue Velvet said:
...that everything you read on the internet is true?
While the validity of any of that "demon" stuff is in doubt, it is entirely true that the original Apple I was priced at $666.66. As to why they priced it as such, who knows.
 

floatingspirit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 13, 2001
398
0
Seattle, WA
ftaok said:
While the validity of any of that "demon" stuff is in doubt, it is entirely true that the original Apple I was priced at $666.66. As to why they priced it as such, who knows.
Thank you. I suppose the main reason I posted that was to find out if that was true, assuming of course that you are right. ;) That site, by the way, is remarkably extensive. What sort of person would go to such lengths to collect and display such obscure disparate data!?! My favorite part though is all the babes! :p
 

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
2,211
0
Chi-il
ftaok said:
While the validity of any of that "demon" stuff is in doubt, it is entirely true that the original Apple I was priced at $666.66. As to why they priced it as such, who knows.
I forget exactly why it was 666.66 - I a heard Steve Wozniak speech once where he claimed to have come up with that price - something about prime numbers, etc - a mathematical engineering joke of sorts.
 

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
6,182
1,192
East Coast
floatingspirit said:
Thank you. I suppose the main reason I posted that was to find out if that was true, assuming of course that you are right. ;) That site, by the way, is remarkably extensive. What sort of person would go to such lengths to collect and display such obscure disparate data!?! My favorite part though is all the babes! :p
Oh, I'm totally right on this one. Check out www.apple-history.com for more details.

Here's a gif file for the original print ad for the Apple I. ---> I couldn't upload the gif file. The original is on apple-history.com.
 

apple2991

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2004
419
0
aricher said:
I forget exactly why it was 666.66 - I a heard Steve Wozniak speech once where he claimed to have come up with that price - something about prime numbers, etc - a mathematical engineering joke of sorts.
According to one site :

Although the final pricing for the Apple I was $666.66, Jobs originally wanted to sell it for $777.77. Woz insisted that this price was to high so he agreed to sell it for $666. When he was asked why he picked this number (the mark of Satan) he answered that he just took a lucky number, 7, and subtracted one.
That having been said....
 

Kato C.

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2005
45
0
Great White North
floatingspirit said:
"Both inventors of the Apple computer were occultists. To demonstrate that the computer had an occultic base, they priced it at $666.66."

I came across the above at the below:

http://www.geocities.com/jesuselcristos/hoaxology_09.html
So, like a sucker, I click the link above, and what appears:

"U.S.A. IS UNDER CONTROL OF THE DEMONS"

Now there is something that I might agree with.....maybe there is truth on the internet after all... :p
 

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
5,438
2
iowa
Yeah, Woz has answered this question too many times to count (and sometimes he even answered the same way :) ) and it ABSOLUTELY has nothing to do with "satan" or "demons".

freaking crazy religious people. i thought this argument was over 15 years ago. WHEN IT WAS DEBATED THE FIRST TIME!
 

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
32,199
5
Adelaide, Australia
The cynic in me says that the '$' sign has more to do with Satan than 666.66 because at last check, the Devil didn't bother rounding off to the nearest hundredth. Anyway, wasn't 666 invented by some 1940s Hollywood producer? ;)
 

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
2,745
0
fig tree

there's the gif from apple-history. don't buy the demonic thing whatsoever. if it were, they would have had a 666mhz tibook/powermac and such instead of xx67, wouldnt they? err...just ignore the 6100/66 and the 66mhz bus g3, etc :p :D :rolleyes:
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.