Did you oppose a larger screen when it was 3.5'', and have you changed your mind?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NovemberWhiskey, Oct 8, 2012.

?

What do you think of the screen size now?

1. I was a die-hard 3.5'' fanatic, and am converted to a 4'' believer.

58.3%
  2. I was a die-hard 3.5'' fanatic, and think the screen should be even larger.

25.0%
  3. I was a die-hard 3.5'I was a die-hard 3.5'' fanatic, and still think that is the way to go.

16.7%
  1. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

I know a lot of people on here complained about screens larger than 3.5'', claiming that size was absolute perfection for a phone. Of you that believed that, and have now experienced the 4'' iphone 5, have you changed your tune? :)

2. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

The iPhone is the only smartphone I've ever owned. When the rumors were saying there was going to be a bigger screen, I was assuming it would be both wider and longer. I was all for it! When the iPhone 5 was announced I was a little skeptical that it was only longer and not wider, and thought it would be kinda goofy. Now that I've owned the iPhone 5, I get it and really enjoy it. I've picked up my old iPhone 4 a few times and the screen looks goofy compared to the new dimensions. The old 3.5" screen looks "scrunched".

The new screen is a welcome addition!

3. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

Just as the new screen looks "stretched" to us 4/S owners.

4. MF878 macrumors regular

MF878

When the larger screen was first rumored last year, I was practically on my knees begging for it not to occur. It didn't then, but when the taller screen idea started floating around this year, I became less skeptical, because the big thing I was worried about, width, would remain the same. I've been using some 5s and now I can't look at the old 3.5" screens normally. Wish Apple would hurry the **** up and give me mine.

5. Trager macrumors member

I wish you'd put up a fourth option -- I didn't want the increase in screen size, and I'm ambivalent in my response. It's nice for reading on some apps, but it is more of a pain in the ass to use one-handed (which is a large proportion of my phone use). The fact that the majority of apps are still letterboxed is also the reason I didn't change to a white iPhone when my original black one came damaged in box, despite the obvious advantage in being immune to visible scratches on the aluminum.