Did you order online?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PolySciSurfer, Jun 11, 2009.

1. PolySciSurfer macrumors 6502

For all those who ordered your MacBook Pros online, did the delivery guy "handle with care?" I cringe when I think of UPS pulling up and tossing the box in front of my door. :eek: :D

It would however, be very convenient for me to order online. Also what if it's raining outside that day, and the box sits out there? Just curious, what has been everyones experience with this? :confused: :apple: :D

2. Blackjack07 macrumors member

Blackjack07

I ordered my online, and they give you a specific time and date of delivery, and I was home that day, lady pulls up, I sign (show ID) and the package is nearly scratched. It is completely sealed with official Apple tape. Then you open it, pop out your MB, MBP or whatever, and boot that little new baby :)

And I fell in love :)

If it would be raining, and you are not home, they leave a paper with a new time and date of delivery, or you can specify where to drop off.. Back door, under garage box, etc

B07

3. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

I ordered mine online and they shipped Fed EX it arrived without a scratch.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I've ordered my computers in the past online, but I tend to want instant gratification so I typically pop over to my local apple store and buy one.

With Massachusetts set to increase its sales tax from 5 to 6.25 I'll (like many of my taxachusett neighbors) will make the trek to NH to buy their products or order online at places that don't charge sales tax - sorry online apple store.