Did you order the iPhone 6 (4.7 inch) or the iPhone 6 Plus (5.5 inch)?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Photography, Sep 12, 2014.

?

Did you order the iPhone 6 (4.7 inch) or the iPhone 6 Plus (5.5 inch)?

1. iPhone 6 (4.7 inch)

46.7%
  2. iPhone 6 Plus (5.5 inch)

53.3%
  1. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

I know there are other polls that are more specific with model/color/size, but to gauge the general response on model alone, did you pre-order the iPhone 6 (4.7 inch) or the iPhone 6 Plus (5.5 inch)?

Also, in addition to voting in the poll, please post why you chose specifically what model you chose.

2. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

I preordered the 4.7" model. Truth be told I worry that even that will be slightly large and awkward to use, the 5.5" unquestionably so. The 5.5" model was also too expensive, especially with a paltry 16GB standard. Thus I went with the 4.7" model due to its smaller size and more attractive price.

3. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

The 5.5 inch 64gb. I use my phone for pretty much everything but the phone part :). I watch stuff, read news and books so to me a 5.5 inch screen is greatly welcome!. Even though it's a big phone, having a screen that big is just beautiful!. I'm willing to wear a fanny pack and mc hammer pants if that what it takes. come on the 19th!.

4. Alarian macrumors newbie

While I do make and receive calls on my phone (perhaps 2-4 a week), BY FAR most of my time is spent doing other things. So I went with the 6 Plus. For just about everything else I think the larger screen is going to be a plus.

5. ame8199 macrumors 6502

Im afraid the 6+ will be too big. Also money is a big factor for me. Possibly once they are around and I can get my hands on the larger one..I'll get use to it. Maybe my next upgrade I'll get the 5.5!

6. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

rambo47

The superior features of the 6+ turned it for me. I was all set to get the regular 6 but OIS, better battery, email landscape mode, etc, changed my mind. Pre-ordered the 6+.

7. ELPresidente720 macrumors 6502

Printed out a paper copy of the 6 Plus and cut out some cardboard to put it on. Found out fast that it's just too big to be practical in the hand and in the pocket.

Did the same with the 6 and it felt right.

8. Payton34 macrumors member

Payton34

Both. Ha ha ha. 2 separate lines and I will return one of them. I want to preview each.

9. DrFaust macrumors newbie

DrFaust

It was truly a tough choice, but convenience won out.

I commute by public transit daily, 5 days a week. The allure of the 6+ was so tempting, but I use my phone for fitness tracking and can't imagine strapping the 6+ to my arm comfortably.

So, the 4.7" iPhone 6 it was.

10. Photography thread starter macrumors 65816

Photography

I'm surprised how even the poll seems to be overall! Would have thought the 6 Plus would have won by a landslide.

11. SparkFlash macrumors 6502

SparkFlash

I went with the 6 as well. The plus just seemed too big. Both for carrying and in my hand.

12. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

5.5 64...I played with my friend's Note 3 for a while to see how the size would work.

13. iPhisch macrumors 6502

I put that extra $100 towards the 64gb iPhone 6 4.7" in hopes I won't have to delete photos or apps to save storage space for a long, long time. I felt my extra cash was better spent in this direction than a larger screen with less storage space, and I do my nightly web surfing on my iPad Air. And I don't think the 6+ will fit in my tight jeans...

Three of my close co-workers ordered 6+'s, one lady snagged the 128gb'er. It's bigger than the arm she straps it to. Can't wait to handle the big boys, though!

14. SactoGuy18, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014

SactoGuy18 macrumors 68030

SactoGuy18

4.7" 64 GB Space Grey (A1549 GSM). My old Samsung Galaxy S III--which is nearly the same size as the iPhone 6--was already pushing the limits of easily put into a clothes pocket, and I'm not interested in a phone that is awkward to put into even a shirt pocket like what could happen with the iPhone 6+.

I came choose the 4.7" because when I tried a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 at Best Buy, it proved to be really awkward to put into any clothes pocket--including a jacket! And it was a bit awkward to hold when making a call, too.

15. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I got a Space Grey 128GB T-Mobile iPhone 6 Plus. But not for the screen. In fact, I'm not so sure I'm gonna like the screen.

My main reasons for getting the 6 Plus: Larger battery, and Optical Image stabilization on the camera, which the smaller 6 lacked. I take lots of pictures, and I'm also recording more and more video, and I know what a differences an OIS system makes on a camera.

The size might really be a deal breaker for me though. I'll see when it finally arrives (Oct 1-6).

16. Photography thread starter macrumors 65816

Photography

Well said. These exact reasons give the 6 Plus the advantage, hence the reason I went with the 6 Plus (mainly for the optical image stabilization, which is huge).

17. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Millions will buy each.

What will this poll tell you?

(by the way, it will be totally slanted since there are so many geeks, fanboys, and nerds here)

18. Photography thread starter macrumors 65816

Photography

It seems to be virtually even here, nothing slanted.

19. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I'm guessing that rumors of limited availability of the 6 plus due to low yields were all correct. Demand is probably close to 50/50 for both phones, but there's just a lot fewer 6 Pluses that made the cut.

20. Mindbender14 macrumors regular

I got the 4.7 inch. I went with the cardboard template cut out and felt ridiculous pretending to make phone calls and I couldn't reach around the screen properly. On top of all that I realized this was all without a case...that did it for me. 64gb, space gray, 6.

21. xxray macrumors 6502

5.5". I have Galaxy Note 3 so I knew I'd be fine with the size. Wanted the more premium experience (higher PPI, special landscape mode, better looking apps (pictures of friends in messaging), Optical Image Stabilization, bigger battery, possibly better specs).

I originally was going to get the 4.7" because I wanted a sweet spot between Galaxy Note 3 and the smaller iPhones but I'd rather have the premium experience and I do enjoy the large screen for movies, Netflix, videos, pictures, browsing, etc.

22. ob81 macrumors 65816

ob81

6+ for me. I can't wait to get some real work done on my iPhone. I wanted a bigger phone for a while. I was mere seconds away from getting a Note 3.

23. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

4.7" 64GB model. I loved the size my Nexus 4, I thought the 4.7" size was perfect.