Did you preorder WiiFit?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Eric Lewis, May 2, 2008.

1. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

Yes or No?

i really want it the day it comes out..but i dont know if i should preorder? will it sell out?

2. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I pre-ordered it along with getting next day shipping from Amazon. I love to abuse my Amazon Prime membership, is pretty damn cheap for next day and free for 2nd day.

The way I figure it is that if this cam motivate me to get in to a normal routine then it is worth every penny. The problem with exercise for me is that it isn't fun. Here is to hoping that it can help out and shed those pounds that the weekends give me.

Ed

3. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i'm not going to pre-order, though i do want the game. i'm assuming it will sell out though. i can wait before i get it (i can't afford to lose any pounds anyways)

4. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

My wife is going to go down and pre-order it tomorrow. When we picked up Mario Kart we were told we needed to pre-order if we wanted it on or near the release date because most shops won't be getting very many outside of their pre-order requirement.

I say if you want it then you should probably go pre-order. :)

5. cbrain macrumors 65816

cbrain

6. DarrenG macrumors regular

I pre-ordered and I'm glad I did as it was out if stock in every outlet on launch day and is still out of stock a week later.

Great fun, the whole family is now competing to better their scores and beat each other.

Did a session of the boxing two days ago and my arms hurt like hell today !

7. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Didn't bother pre-ordering it as I didn't intend to get it. I just came home from work on the release day and my brother had bought it.

Lovely :D

8. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

I got mine in the UK without pre-ordering. It came out on a Friday and I picked one up Saturday afternoon. I did, however, get the last copy in Brighton. If you make it to the store on the morning of release then you shouldn't have too much of a problem picking up a copy but if you know you really really want it then you may as well plop a preorder down just to be safe.

9. TheAngusBurger macrumors member

My dad bought me and my brother it out of the blue, on Saturday. I'm not quite sure whether I should be happy or offended:p

But yeah, the game is excellent, I'm finding it's actually working. The boxing, stepping and jogging are my faves, and the muscle exercises are hard . Now we need a MR Wii Fit competition thread, see who can jog the furthest, etc.:D

-Teh Burgeh

10. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

obviously cant speak for how it will sell stateside. But in the UK, I strolled down to the shops at about lunch time and just picked one up. I checked both zavvi and hmv (could only get my student discount at zavvi!), and while hmv had about 11 left (and told me that they had been siting there all day), zavvi seemed to have more.

Im glad i didn't preorder therefore, its always a little exciting to just go out and buy something on the day of release!

11. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

12. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

No

I don't preorder games.

I've all the big games by walking into the stores, and for my console, I'll camp out

13. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I don't pre-order games. I'll just go into the shop and pick it up(always find the game I want) I'm hoping to add this in to my normal exercise routine and hoping it really does work...possibly enhance my morning work out.

When will it be released and does anyone know all the activities included on the disc?

Bless

14. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I'll probably get it but it won't work great in my normal exercise routine. I always watch a TV episode on DVD (Prisonbreak, Lost.....).

15. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

I heard that they will be in short supply so I pre ordered mine.

16. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Releases/ships 5/21
    Four Categories of Fun
    Once you have created your profile it's time to have some fun. Wii Fit features four main categories of exercises to choose from: Strength Training, Aerobics, Yoga and Balance Games. Wii Fit will guide you through the first three with the help of your own virtual personal trainer, while the balance games offer variety and fun to help keep you engaged and excited about your fitness goals. In addition, as you spend time exercising, you’ll earn Fit Credits that unlock additional exercises and activities within your favorite categories that will allow you to continue to push yourself. See more detail on the four categories below:

Strength Training: Put your strength to the test with muscle-toning exercises like Single Leg Extension, Sideways Leg Lift, Arm and Leg Lift, Single-Arm Stand, Torso Twists, Rowing Squat, Single Leg Twist, Lunge, Push-Up and Side Plank, Jackknife, Plank and Tricep Extension. Challenges include Push-Up Challenge, Plank Challenge and Jackknife Challenge.
    Aerobics: Get your heart pumping with fun, interactive Aerobic exercises like Hula Hoop, Basic Step, Basic Run, Super Hula Hoop, Advanced Step, 2-P Run, Rhythm Boxing, Free Step and Free Run.
    Yoga: Work on your balance and flexibility with Yoga poses and activities like Deep Breathing, Half-Moon, Dance, Cobra, Bridge, Spinal Twist, Shoulder Stand, Warrior, Tree, Sun Salutation, Standing Knee, Palm Tree, Chair, Triangle and Downward-Facing Dog.
    Balance Games: Get into the action with fun, balanced-based games like Soccer Heading, Ski Slalom, Ski Jump, Table Tilt, Tightrope Walk, Balance Bubble, Penguin Slide, Snowboard Slalom and Lotus Focus.

17. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I did pre-order my Euro version and paid for it fully in advance. €89.99

Only then to notice it in my local supermarket (Tesco) for €75 :rolleyes:

18. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Amazon is sold out now, they are no longer taking pre-orders. I have to assume that Amazon gets a lot of units, and its amazing that they have sold out of their initial allotment given the price of Wii Fit ($89.99)

Wonder if this will really end up being highly popular in the US and hard to find or if its just an initial wave and a few weeks later will be widely available.

19. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

I believe that the Wii Fit will be as scarce as the Wii console since it's release. :eek:

I'm glad I pre ordered mine :p

20. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

What's the point of pre-ordering? I have never had a problem getting a game on launch day.

21. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

You are either lucky or willing to travel around to find titles then. There are 2 gamestops near my office and there is a best buy on my way home, I can think of 5 titles off hand right now that I wouldn't have gotten on release day if I hadn't pre-ordered (I'm sure there are more if i really think about it).

While I am sure somewhere in town or around town they may have had one but my time is worth more and I refuse to wander around looking for a game. Pre-ordering is convenient, you know it will be there. No wasting time running around or calling places to see if something is in stock.

Is it needed in all cases... no, But is it convenient and will it save you valuable time.. hell yes.

Back on topic I think Wii Fit will sell out its initial allotment, Nintendo will make a PR fuss about having manufacturing shortages since they didn't expect it to be so popular, they will fake being shocked and do what they do best... fake shortages to play in to marketing. I can see this getting good press, and I can see them milking it just as they did with the Wii.

I however doubt the shortages will last as long as the Wii, maybe for the first few weeks. A month tops.

Ed

22. getbigg21 Guest

23. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

I'm not 100% sure but I believe Gamestop is still taking pre orders.

24. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

I agree . . . I can think of quite a few games I wouldn't have now had I not pre ordered them.

25. Blink7551 macrumors member

The point is obvious. The game comes with a balance board which takes a lot longer to make than a bunch of discs like normal games. Therefore this will be in short supply. To prove it, here are the internet retailers who have since sold out of their allocations: http://vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=749165