Did you quickly become accustomed to the + model?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Russiaone, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Russiaone macrumors 6502

Hey, all.

So I made this thread out of curiosity: for all + owners, did it take you very long to get used to your + model?

I ask because, after two weeks, I feel like the phone is... small?

Maybe it's the black case against the black front., or maybe it's the perfect size for my hands....

In any case, I see a lot of 6's and I can't believe how terribly tiny it looks in comparison.

But I digest (jokes)

I see other folks with the + model and it looks absolutely gargantuan in their hands, but it's obviously a perception thing.

Anyway, I'm very interested to know how everyone else came to, um, grips with their + models?

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

3. Mr.Pooya macrumors member

4. Furzul macrumors 6502

Furzul

I was not sure about the + model. Now I would not go back to the 4.7 model.

5. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

It depends. A phablet is not for everyone. I have the 6S plus and had the 6 plus prior to that. However I was already accustomed to phablets as I spent 2.5 years using Samsung Galaxy notes.

I went from the iPhone 4 to the original galaxy note in 2012 and I haven't looked back since then. It didn't take me long to ajust at all. I've not used a phone under 5 inches for 4 years.

6. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

My 6S+ seemed perfect for me, even after owning the 6S for a while. NEVER going back.

7. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

After 5 minutes in the Apple Store playing with it. I went from an iPhone 6 to a Nexus 6 and got accustomed after just a few minutes, even though I jumped from 4.7" to 6".

8. mobutt macrumors 6502

9. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I've had the 6+ for a year now and it is still too big. Just waiting on the money to be able to afford upgrading to a smaller phone.

10. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

People like to exaggerate, especially in online forums. In reality the Plus isn't that big, and I had no trouble transitioning to it from the 5s.

11. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

I am using my iPhone 6s plus from 8 months now and before it i used iPhone 6 plus for a full year, never felt bigger havier or uncomfortable. Loving it ever since from day one, prefect phone for my usage :)

12. cableguy84 macrumors 6502a

cableguy84

You have to make some little compromises carrying the plus, but the extra screen you get is worth it

13. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

Im used to it but whenever I use my wife's 6 I start to like the smaller form factor again. I can type one handed easily and it just feels nice in the hand. I think I would regret switching to the 4.7 though.

14. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Maybe 5 minutes?

To be totally honest, the 5s and prior iPhones always seemed way too small.

15. Dukins macrumors newbie

Dukins

I wouldn't have considered an iPhone in the past because of size. I adjusted pretty quickly from a 5.7" Note.

16. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

This really trips me out, I see other people in the subway using the + and the phone looks so much bigger than mine, to the point that I find myself wondering whether they have some unreleased iphone lol. It's really crazy how perception can mess with you like that.

17. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Or maybe people just have different opinions, and some people really think that the plus is way to big...

18. placidity44 macrumors 6502

placidity44

I had a 5S and thought it was the perfect size and thought i'd never want a bigger phone, then I got the 6 and wanted to go bigger, got the 6 Plus. Took a week to get used to and now I want an even bigger phone. If I could get a phone smaller than the iPad Mini...like 6.3 inches that'd be great. Had played with a 6S the other day and was shocked at how small it was. Also I have pretty small hands.

19. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

I never got accustomed to it but I think that has more to do with the slippery back than the size.

20. Tom359 macrumors regular

Went from 6 to 6S+....at first I felt like I was using an iPad mini. After a few days, it felt totally normal. I also have the 13 inch iPad Pro. When I first got it, it seemed huge as well. Now when I hop on the wife's 9.7 inch iPad, it feels small to me. Remarkable how the brain adapts. Wouldn't go back to the small version of either one.

21. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

My eyes and fingers: love it!
    My pockets: hate it!

22. yashz macrumors regular

Instantly. And I have very small hand and weak muscle.

23. Steve.P.JobsFan macrumors 6502a

Steve.P.JobsFan

I was adjusted to the Plus model before my 6 Plus even arrived in the mail back in 2014. :D

Seriously, 5.5" is the sweet spot for me. I love my 6s Plus. Using my mom's 6s is just... weird. It feels like my old iPhone 4 in size.

I bought a Galaxy S7 back in March and I regret not paying the extra money for the S7 Edge (which is 5.5"). The 5.1" display on the S7, even at only 0.4" difference, is too small for me.

24. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

It took me about a week to get used to it. Now, I can never go back.