Did you read Steve Jobs bio?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Trance, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Trance macrumors 6502

was it worth the read is it interesting?
    i am considering buying it from ibooks, I know quite a bit about jobs i don't want to read stuff i already know ><

2. JBazz macrumors 6502

I read it for free at Barnes n Noble with the free hour read in store. Took several visits, but it was a book I would never read again so I didn't want to buy.

You could also check it out of the library, read it, and if it is something you want to keep, buy it.

3. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

As someone who isn't a Steve Jobs worshipper I thought i would add my two cents. Yes, I bought it, read it, and would buy it again. Its an interesting view of Steve Jobs, one that I have not seen completely covered in the films I have seen. Like or hate him, he had an interesting life and it shows in his biography.

4. Gunny011 macrumors regular

Yeah I did, for once I read a biography and didn't look at the pictures first

5. Surely Guest

Surely

No, but I have it on my Kindle just in case I ever want to read it.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I have it, and I've a portion of it. I'm at the point where Sculley and Jobs are at odds with each other. Its interesting reading, but to be honest, it wore on me, so I put it down for a while.

7. Cartaphilus macrumors 6502a

I liked it a lot, but your tastes may differ. Maybe you'd like to first download a sample using the Kindle app?

8. Trance thread starter macrumors 6502

how dare you recommend i download steve jobs bio sample anywhere else than the ibook store!

9. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

No, I have far better books to read than biographies.

10. NewAnger macrumors 6502a

Never wanted to read it and never will.

I like Steve but not that much.

11. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

I thought it made for an interesting read, particularly if you're interested in how Apple started. I read it in a single sitting on a marathon 18 hour flight to the Falklands.

12. Pompiliu macrumors 6502a

Pompiliu

No. Why would i? I like Apple products, but i couldn't care less about Apple's founder. Or Canon's. Or Panasonic's. etc.:rolleyes:

13. Jacooch macrumors member

Jacooch

I have read it, bought it on iTunes, read it on my ipad. I thought it was an awesome read especially for a computer geek like myself. The history, though I knew most of it, was fascinating to read again thru Jobs eyes.

YMMV

14. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I've read "iCon" but not the current new Steve Jobs bio.

15. nspindel macrumors member

Simple. Kindle books can be read on a Mac. iBooks can't. I know... Silly right?

16. Steveo13 macrumors regular

Steveo13

Yes I read the book. I found the book to be very inspirational. I was expecting a book to be about products and such, but it was a very interesting story. You really got to the real Steve Jobs's and his views on life. I'm not a worshiper or anything, but I did pick up many life lessons that I try to follow now. I would diffidently recommend the book. It is absolutely worth the read.

17. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

I'd read it if it was a gift, but I don't really wanna buy it.

18. 184550 Guest

No. I tend not to read biographies that were written while the subject was still alive. I also didn't like that Jobs was able to weigh in heavily on this particular biography.

I think that in another twenty or thirty years enough time will have passed to begin to judge some of Jobs actions and others will be able to more accurately judge his actions with more historical perspective.

19. nissan.gtp macrumors 6502

It was pretty interesting. Get it from the Library.

20. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Didn't know much about him and a classmate of mine recommended picking up the book. I read it at the beginning of summer and would probably read it again - it's very interesting due to the fact that it follows a man's and a company's life.

21. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I bought it and read it. You can also get it from audible.com as audio book if you dont want to read the whole thing. They give you one free book if you sign up for some service.

22. Shade12 macrumors regular

Shade12

23. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

Yep, I read it. I don't read often and many times don't finish books I start, but I was able to get through this one pretty quickly.