Did you really think they would announce new iPhones at Macworld?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Andrew K., Jan 8, 2009.

1. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

Does anyone remember they announced the 3G iPhone June 9th? Come on guys A new iPhone is still coming around June again. Apple cannot help themselves, and yeah still maybe an iphone nano for the average consumer.

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

IMHO, Macworld is not all about iPhone. But it's nice if they did announce a new one.

Indeed iPhone users have grown a superiority complex (probably for some)

3. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

I wasnt expecting it
    after all, its called MACworld
    MAC is not a company, it is a line of products. Apple makes the Mac product line
    an iPhone is not a Mac.
    if it were called Appleworld 09, perhaps my expectations would have been higher

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Nope I didn't expect it, however, like Rayfire said, it would have been nice if they did.

5. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

Reasonable people never expected a new phone announcement.

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Just a friendly reminder; MAC = a line of women's cosmetics. You were probably referring to Mac, which is a line of products from Apple, Inc....:)

7. gjw4u macrumors 6502

MAC is not only used for cosmetics, in the IT world, MAC stands for Media Access Control; i.e. MAC address.

8. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

No I was not.

I was however, wondering if they'd give us any information about future iPhone software or when push notifications would be available.

9. waywardsage macrumors 6502

waywardsage

I love how these threads degrade into geekwars. Nice.

10. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

I thought they might release a 32GB model perhaps, but not a on iPhone "Nano" (stupid idea anyway :p)

11. Cask Guest

Well I didn't think they would announce an iPhone, even mention iPhone HW at all. I still think that we might be surprised with a 32 GB iPhone in Feb and that's it. I agree that big iPhone updates will come in June/July just like the last year. However, I can see why some people could expect new iPhone announcements at Macworld. After all, the first iPhone was announced to years ago at Macworld, wasn't it?

12. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

CES and MacWorld don't compare.

Apple is exxtremely smart for announcing new products at CES vice MacWorld. With the much larger world wide represented audience the amount of attention Apple will get at CES is inmeasurable.

Tie HPs announcement of the PC/MAC homeserver and Apples net netbook you have just included two major players finally bridging the network compatability gap for the average consumer. Note I said average not the network guru or programmer.

Just my thoughts

13. zachplaysguitar macrumors 6502

zachplaysguitar

I didn't expect it simply because it hasn't been that long since the 3G was released. Sales are still good so a new product isn't necessary.

14. Theaser macrumors 6502

Theaser

Sales are still good? Heard of the Nokia N97? That thing is an iPhone Killer. 32 GB of storage, 5 MP camera with video rec. In case you haven't heard, people HATED the iPhone 3G for its incompatibility with business use. Just browse for reviews and nevertheless you will see tons of bad reviews for the iPhones.

15. Stuart in Oz macrumors 6502

lmao - so true! :D