Did you recently buy a 2.2/2.4ghz (previous generation) MBP from Amazon?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macjay, Mar 7, 2008.

1. macjay macrumors 6502

Hi,

I recently bought a 2.2ghz MBP (the previous generation) from Amazon, and when it arrived I noticed that the Apple packaging had been previously unsealed, then re-sealed.

Everything was obviously new inside the box, so I figured it probably had to do with the OS changeover. I contacted Apple and was told that my machine had originally left the factory w/10.4 discs, even though it arrived with 10.5 pre-loaded and w/10.5 discs only.

So, I am presuming that the box was unsealed to pre-load 10.5 and to include the new 10.5 discs.

Just to be sure: for those of you who also recently purchased a 2.2 or 2.4ghz (previous generation) MBP from Amazon, was your machine's packaging also previously unsealed, then re-sealed?

Thanks!

2. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

I would guess this could have been done in a warehouse. I dont know if amazon has a warehouse, but I've worked at best buy and apple reps came to the score after leopard came out, cut open all the apple computer boxes and put leopard inside.

3. PDE macrumors 68020

I've received re-sealed packaging from both amazon and Apple. In fact, the recent penryn MBP from apple had two pieces of tap on the box, indicating that it had been opened and then re-sealed. I used to worry, but I don't think it means anything....as long as the computer itself is sealed, which in my case it has always been.

In your case, it seems likely that it was openend prior to arriving at amazon. In my experience, Amazon doesn't do things like that because they don't have the resources and time. I think it must have been the distributor....