Did you return your iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pirateRACE, Jul 12, 2010.

Did you return your iPhone 4?

1. No

42 vote(s)
  2. Yes, for an old iPhone model

4 vote(s)
  3. Yes, for another phone

6 vote(s)
  1. pirateRACE macrumors 6502

Feb 1, 2010
    With all the complaints and concerns across the net and Apple's no-restocking fee 30 day return policy, I wondered how many people actually returned their iPhone 4's.

Please only vote if you already have/had an iPhone 4. Feel free to leave comments to specifically why you did return it.
  2. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

May 29, 2010
    I bought my Iphone as a phone first so I had no choice but to return it. I'm not going to be stupid and keep the phone and be locked in on a 2 year agreement.
  3. Charadis macrumors 6502a

Jul 3, 2010
    No problems, no return. The only reason I'd ever really return anything I buy is if there were serious defects to my device when I receive it (ie, stuck/dead pixel) or buyer's remorse (as long as unopened...if I open it, then I keep it).

Lovin every moment of my iPhone 4. :)

4. Sledutah macrumors regular

Jun 15, 2009
    I agree, I'll hold onto it until I get close to the 30 days. If Apple hasn't come up with fixes so I can use it as a PHONE then it's going back. Luckily I didn't get rid of my 3gs yet. I've also been looking at the new samsung that att is releasing.
    I will not get stuck into another 2 year agreement with a phone that doesn't work and just "assume" apple will fix it when they feel like it.
  5. F123D macrumors 68040

Sep 16, 2008
    Del Mar, CA
    I've swapped my iPhone for another iPhone 4 due to issues but I'm not returning it. It's a great phone and I have great service here in San Diego.
  6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

Aug 17, 2007
    I am not returning mine. Putting a case on it has solved my reception/antenna issues. I would have put a case on it regardless, because I felt the phone was too slick and I was worried about dropping it.
  7. ElvisFreshly macrumors member

Jun 16, 2010
    Returned it the same day and never looked back. Good thing Google is making the strides that Apple can't. Rushed hardware and closed platform is recipe for failure.
  8. pirateRACE thread starter macrumors 6502

Feb 1, 2010
    This guy I know was complaining to me about the iPhone 4 antennae issue... "See what happens when I hold this like this?!?!" "The bars DROP!!"

I asked him if he's dropped any calls and he reluctantly replied 'No'. I asked him if it's causing him data speed issues and he replied 'umm.. no.. BUT the BARS are DROPPING!!".

I told him, "Well, return it and get your money back." and he looked at me like I had lobsters crawling outta my ears. "Return my iPhone 4?" he murmured and walked away.

I have a feeling that is going to be the typical response from people who are worried about any antennae issues.