Did you sell your 1G iPhone yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jimishjoban, Jun 7, 2008.

?

Did you already sell your old iPhone?

1. Yes!!!!!!!

26 vote(s)
    55.3%
  2. No... I will wait...

18 vote(s)
    38.3%
  3. Am confused just like you :)

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  1. jimishjoban macrumors member

Hello all,

Sorry if its a repost, but was curious to find out, how many of you people have sold your old iPhone? Or planning to sell it today or tomorrow?

I got a 16 gig iPhone in March and right now, I am in double minds, whether to keep it on auction or not?

Please cast your vote so that people like us can get some encouragement to sell...

2. corysti macrumors newbie

I've had mine since October and I still have no plans to sell it. Why? I don't feel like paying 400 buck's again just to have 3g. Don't get me wrong 3g is sweet I love it to death but I don't use my internet enough to need 3g.

3. matt550 macrumors 6502

Im confused. I bought my iPhone on July 7th, so a week after it came out. And I still love it, I have no plans on selling it. Im sure i'll end up buying a 3G iphone should it become available in the next few days/weeks

4. candan9019 macrumors regular

Hate to be picky but 3G refers to the network it runs on not the model and the first iPhone ran on EDGE or 2G. So it's really 1st Gen and the new 3G iPhone coming next week is the 2nd Gen.

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Well said. ^^^I'm waiting; I just might give 1st generation iPhone to a total stranger! :p

6. majinoo macrumors member

Me, me ,me ! :D ;)

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I am not selling my iPhone as I will not be upgrading. I just got mine in January and the new one isn't enough of an upgrade to get a new one.

8. jimishjoban thread starter macrumors member

Ya true. I actually meant 1st Gen but with so much talk of 3G, ended up putting it as 1G.. :)

9. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

sold mine and the iPhones of three of my friends.

10. harlemink macrumors member

Gifting mine to a friend who's been jealous from day 1.

It's sad, but I told her I'd give it to her just to make sure I have to buy the new one for myself.

I can justify ANYTHING.
    :D

11. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I'm most likely keeping mine even though i'll probably be getting iPhone 2 sooner or later

My current iPhone has served me very well. I've dropped it, thrown it carelessly, stepped on it and it still chugs along no problems.

Its been loyal so its only fair i remain loyal to it :D

12. timmciglobal macrumors member

In total with buying a temporary phone I'm losing 20$ if the new iphone if 499, Hell yes I sold it.

Honestly... it's a phone... they are designed to work for at most 3-4 years and in general roughly 2-3 on average. I've got a chance to buy a "brand new" one... why not do it? My old one was immaculate with no issues but still... 3g? Hell yes. I'm tired of sitting for 2 minutes at applebees because they don't have Wifi to load up macrumors.com.

Tim

13. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

I'm in the same boat, but I think I will give my mom my first gen, she has a BlackBerry and I know she wants an iPhone, but I still want to sell it, but, but, but... My thinking just goes back and forth...

14. Andrmgic macrumors 6502a

mine is on Ebay right now.

I would give it to mom, but she doesn't really need an iPhone and recently signed a new 2 yr agreement with Alltel to get a new phone. She could use an ipod touch, though.