Did you sell your phone in advance before 7/7+ release?

JustMadeThisNameUp

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2015
Selling SE once I receive my IPhone 7 this Friday through Craigslist. Ebay is to risky anymore with fraud.
I've had an iPhone since the 5s and it's only gotten more and more difficult. People buying and not wanting it after winning the auction. People trying to get me to mail the phone out of country even though I shipped domestically only.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I've had an iPhone since the 5s and it's only gotten more and more difficult. People buying and not wanting it after winning the auction. People trying to get me to mail the phone out of country even though I shipped domestically only.
What's worse than that, is the buyer can file a claim with Up to six months, meaning they can state the iPhone is locked or the iPad isn't working or the MacBook was never in the box. They get their money back and Pay Pal locks your account with your funds attached. eBay is fine to sell smaller items without severe net loss, but high end premium electronics like Apple, forget it. To risky and way to many devious, sketchy dirty scum bags trying to fraud you, even when you least expect it.

thadoggfather

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
I always do local

had THE WORST chargeback experiencing selling a 15" macbook pro years ago, NEVER AGAIN. dont even want to think about it/discuss it , tbh

Last edited: