Did you upgrade yet?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Derkatwork, Aug 21, 2010.

?

What model are you using?

Poll closed Sep 9, 2010.
  1. 1G, and I will upgrade

13 vote(s)
    22.4%
  2. 1G, and I won't upgrade

4 vote(s)
    6.9%
  3. 2G, and I will upgrade

16 vote(s)
    27.6%
  4. 2G, and I won't upgrade

4 vote(s)
    6.9%
  5. 3G, and I will upgrade

15 vote(s)
    25.9%
  6. 3G, and I won't upgrade

6 vote(s)
    10.3%
  1. Derkatwork macrumors 6502

Derkatwork

Do you still own a 1G brick? Or a non multi-tasking 2G? Or are you hitting yourself for getting the 3G when this year a camera is (95%) coming? I'm sure most 1G users will upgrade, as will some 2G users.

2. SlovakApple macrumors 6502

I bought a 2g 8GB last September, so nothing for me this year. But I am thinking about upgrading next year. I am curious what they will bring next year. :D

3. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

3G, and planning on upgrading. My 3G was just a holdover. The 4G is clearly the Touch I've been waiting for. I can't wait to watch movies and play games at close to a 720p resolution, and take photos and do video chat, with a faster processor. Basically I like and would use every rumored new feature for this year, unlike the 3G, which had very few applicable new features for me.

4. Ds92 macrumors member

I will definitely upgrade regardless of whether there is a camera (not really important feature for me). Got my 2g christmas of 2008.

5. Link2999 macrumors 6502

1st gen user, and upgrading. Was going to get the last one, but was blown off by the lack of camera.

6. EllieV macrumors 6502

I was new to the world of apple and didn't know anything lol. I got a 1g iPod touch from my friends for my birthday. I then came into the world of apple by finding macrumors and now obsessively reading and posting on it.

Fun story! I am sure as hell I am going to upgrade. Although I always post on the forums with this touch here, it's still slow. I need faster and I would LOVE a camera (for apps, and my phone only has 2mp like most non-smartphones). A retina would be awesome, because I always read stuff on my touch without zooming in.

7. SoraLimit macrumors regular

I'm definitely upgrading. I don't really care for the camera that much; it's a bonus for me if they decide to have it. What I really want is a faster iPod, and experience a full-fledged iOS 4 without jailbreaking, or the slow-downs from it.

There are also a few games I want that are only available for the faster iDevices.

8. mac88 macrumors 6502

I own a 1G and I will be upgrading this year. I like the look of the the new iPhone and am hoping the new touch will look that. 1G touch is not holding a charge that well anymore so I will upgrade no matter what.

9. David G. macrumors 65816

I have a 16GB 1st Gen iPod touch and will likely only be upgrading if there is a 128GB model for $400 or less, OR if there's a GPS, camera, iPhone 4 style build, 64GB, A4 CPU and Retina display. Hopefully one of those situations arises, my battery life isn't too good anymore and my screen has a clump of stuck pixels near the home button from when I dropped my MacBook on it to the floor.:eek::eek:

10. Cubhicbu macrumors newbie

iPod touch 2G

I have an iPod touch 2G and I will upgrade if the 4G has a camera or internal mic. Or both. I would def upgrade.

11. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    1G, a inscribed gift from a departed friend:eek:, one with camera and video and i am in:eek:

12. 3lionsbecks Suspended

3lionsbecks

why the heck do you need a camera in it? doesn't your smart phone already have a camera?

btw, No..I won't be upgrading anytime soon. The 3G Touch should last me at least a couple of years.

My 3rd generation ipod (with the light up orange buttons!) lasted me until i got the Touch last year and I should be good to go until either it dies or they make a radicle change in design. (like the Touch was from the original iPods)

13. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...I'm trying to decide between a 3rd gen 64Gb and waiting for the 4th gen... I can get the 3rd brand new for $260 so its tempting coming from my 1st gen 16Gb...

14. ohaithar macrumors 6502a

ohaithar

I have a 1G, and don't plan on upgrading unless the ipod touch 4 has facetime (I'm happy with my 3Gs, and don't feel like getting the ip4 yet)

15. Derkatwork thread starter macrumors 6502

Derkatwork

I think the wait will be worth it. The last update was pitiful, so this one should be better. Apple wouldn't put out two lackluster updates in a row (I hope).

16. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I just ordered a 3g. Might sound crazy, but I wanted it now, and I need to get my family's calendars all sync'd up before school starts. I don't plan on upgrading right away to the 4g, but I'm curious to see what they pack into it, and also how everything works.

If anything, I might just wait it out till next year and get the 5g. If the 4g is just too good to pass up, I might just wait 4-5 months, sell my 3g, take the $100 loss or whatever it will be and buy the new one.

17. EllieV macrumors 6502

Those of you 3 people with first gens who are not upgrading, can you please tell me why? (because whatever the new one has, I am upgrading, even if it's a little update) (I have 1g)

18. fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

I got my 3G last November, and I will be definitely upgrading to the 4G as soon as it comes out!!!

19. Aero26 macrumors regular

Bought my 1G in October of 09. A botched repair warranted me a free 3G. But just my luck my original was a 8GB so I got one of the faux 3G's. Nothing short of pricing the 4G's around $80 would get it into my hands this year. Better luck next year :eek:

20. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

No. I will not. I wont use the upgrades from 3G-4G that much.

Oh, and i dont have a 3G yet. I think i will get one after the 4G comes out... Because of the decreased pricing...

21. Link2999 macrumors 6502

Don't have a smartphone for one thing, and I'd be using the camera on a regular basis, for, well, taking pictures and recording video. Also the camera increases the number of available apps for the iPod Touch.

22. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

I'm changing mine because the battery is starting to run low. I might as well get a new one, with the new features, and most importantly, improved web surfing with the A4 processor.

23. Silencer macrumors member

Silencer

Will only upgrade if the 4th gen has retina display and A4. I would love a design change and high res cameras will be a bonus. But Apple will never surprise us with an 5 mega pixel marvel.

24. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I had an iPhone 4, and I honestly wasn't very impressed with the 5mp camera on it. Dominant colors in a frame would tend to color the entire frame. For example, my daughter was sitting in her baby chair, which is pink, and she was wearing a pink shirt, so the whole picture had a red tint to it. In another picture, she was playing in a baby pool with our friends kid. Obviously the pool was blue and made the water appear blue too, so the whole picture has a blue fog over it. Not bad looking, just needed massive color correction to make it look normal. Also, pictures were grainier than I expected. My 5 year old Kodak point n click that's 6mp blows it out of the water.

Maybe something was wrong with my camera, but I don't know. The video camera on it was very good though.

It's for this reason that I'm not that excited about a possible rear facing camera. Maybe by the 5g they will iron out things and the camera will be better. I'm curious to see if the new touch does get a rear facing camera, how good it is.

25. saberahul macrumors 68040

Got 1G when it came out - got 2G and handed over 1G when that came out - got 3G and handed over 2G when that came out - ya, I'm pretty sure I'm going to do the same with 4G.
    I'm running iOS4 on 3G right now and it works super fast. Never had any problems.