Did you use a case on your previous phones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DanggxAmanda, Aug 21, 2010.

?

Did you use a case on previous phones?

1. Yes

39 vote(s)
    51.3%
  2. No

27 vote(s)
    35.5%
  3. I've used a screen protector

9 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. Other (post below)

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  1. DanggxAmanda macrumors regular

DanggxAmanda

Or like before iPhones? I've had blackberrys and so on and I have never used a case until my itouch and now a minimal bumper on my 4, no screen protectors though because I love the feel of the glass :)

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

No. Never cared for my other phones since they were cheap flip phones. All of which were basically free for signing up with X carrier. Paying $300 for a phone changed this notion real quick and have had a case on all mine and plan on doing so for every single one down the road.

3. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Non-iPhones no. My most recent phone before iPhone 4 is a mess but I don't care it still suits it purpose as a phone just fine. for my iPhones I care about their looks. I had a Blue Silk Slider case from PDO when I had a 3GS and I preordered the iPhone 4 version, should ship next week.

I am a nut for scratches on my iPhone 4 so I have a screen protector already. I know I will hate myself if I leave it naked and the inevitable scratches come. Some claim people who are protective of their phone only care about resale value. That is idiotic. I am going to be using this phone for at least a year, I care if the screen I will be looking at for countless hours is scuffed.

Agreed. My recent phone wasnt even supposed to be free but since I did it on the phone the rep made it free to entice me. Why would I care if the phone is bumped and scuffed, I probably couldn't resell it even in perfect condition. :p

4. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Back when I was the only kid in school with a camera phone, things were different. Phones were simply tools like remote controls watches and car keys.

Today, I love all of my Apple products.

I didn't plan to have a case for my iPhone 4, but it was a bit too slick to securely hold without getting gorilla palm and there is this problem where my downloads slow if I rest the phone in my palm while it's naked.

The case I have resolves both "issues", though I still carry the iPhone nude while at home. It just beckons to be free. Besides, I've dropped it twice (two more times than any device I've ever owned) and I haven't found a scratch!

5. winterny macrumors 6502

I used an Invisible Shield for year 1 with my 3G iphone, I took it off for year 2, saying that I would upgrade to the 3GS as soon as the phone got beat up -- never happened, and I upgraded to the i4 when it came out.

Was planning on using the i4 naked, but the antenna bridging/detuning issue forced my to use a case. The Incipio Feather is close enough to not having a case that I'm not terribly dissatisfied, and I haven't seen any other phones that are even remotely interesting to me.

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

7. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Yes. After I dropped my first iPhone in a parking lot on the second day of owning it, I've had a case ever since.

8. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Hahahahaha, haha. This is typical of Apple users. When I got my first Mac, suddenly shopping for computers was just, "hm...MacBook or MacBook Pro...13 or 15 inches...Core 2 or i5..."

The same is true now with phones. I must say they've made shopping very easy XD

9. Savor Suspended

Savor

Of my ten previous phones, only one had a case most of the time. My navy blue Nokia 3360 had a case at nearly all times when I had it. That was a brick, but it took a beating from constant concrete drops when I rested it on my lap after I drive. I had a leather skin case for my Sanyo SCP-5500 and my black Motorola V3 RAZR was stored in a velcro case, but took them off eventually. My Nokia N82 had a holster case, but was naked mostly. My 2G iPhone was naked, but had an anti-glare screen protector already installed from my brother. Didn't want it, but left it anyway. The screen protector showed flaws from itself.

So my iPhone 4 is the first phone I plan to have a case in 7-9 years since that Nokia phone. But I need a case for it mostly for grip, lip, and comfort against the rough edges. I usually prefer a naked phone with only a holster, belt case just so it won't slip out of my pocket. I prefer no screen protectors, hard shell cases, or bulky cases to cover up its beauty.

10. Richie2000 macrumors 6502

Richie2000

Never used cases on my non Apple phones or on the 3G iPhone but with the 4 it's a must. I'm liking the bumper at the moment as it provides some protection without spoiling the looks and gets over the antenna issue.

11. adztaylor macrumors 68000

I used the Case-Mate barely there case with my previous phone (Nexus One)

12. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Only screen protectors since the first iPhone. Im not a fan of cases. I have a bumper and a Griffin etch from Apple in my draw still sealed.

13. OC513 macrumors 6502

have never used a case on any phone before, I've had every version of the iPhone, but on the iPhone 4 I use a bumper with a BSE back and SPG Oleo on the front. I didnt like that when I put the phone down naked it was always resting on the glass just begging for scratches.....the bumper gives it a lip while still being very minimal.

14. RMXO macrumors 6502a

I picked "other" because I had both a screen protector & case for my iP3.

15. chembox macrumors 6502a

iP3? :confused:

16. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I've used a case on every cell phone I've ever owned, smart or not. Even the 'El Cheapos' that I had from my Verizon days were in a case. Keeps them looking nice.

17. intervenient macrumors 6502a

No, and I still don't plan on using a traditional case on my iPhone 4. Looking for the perfect sleeve.

18. Lostanddamned macrumors 6502a

Lostanddamned

I have used a case once on my previous iPhone and it scratched it. I don't even use a case in my 4, it isn't needed.

19. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I used one on my BB Bold, mainly because I wanted a little color to it. Used cases on my 3GS and iP4 for that reason and for protection. Never used one on any phone other than those.

20. Zaft macrumors 68030

Zaft

I used a case for my first 2g iPhone. I didn't use a case for my 3GS and not using it for the 4.

21. ohaithar macrumors 6502a

ohaithar

I never use cases period. They feel weird.

I need to get some help, cause I have a really really dirty mind.

22. Zaft macrumors 68030

Zaft

plus the iPhone 4 feels so good in the hand without a case.

23. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Luv the signature. If chu ever get helped fur yur durty mynd, marry me, yah?

My iPhone 4 goes nakey at home because I love the feel, too. Tiz like somezing from space...

24. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

Used a case for a small amount of time then switched to nekkid. I am not a fan of cases.