Did your iPhone 6 Plus replace the need for your iPad?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shaferz, Sep 25, 2014.

1. shaferz macrumors newbie

I have a 32GB iPad air that quite frankly - is seldomly used now. I do use it when my current iPhone 5 is dead - but rarely use it any other time.

Considering selling the iPad once my iPhone 6 Plus arrives, but interested to hear how the bigger phones have or have not affected the use of any elses iPads. : shrug :

2. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Right now, the 6 Plus feels like a compromise to me. It's not as easy to use as the 3.5/4" iPhones and requires more maneuverability but neither do I find the display and aspect ratio quite as good as an iPad's for web browsing, etc. Perhaps it's because I'm just not used to phablets yet but I certainly don't think I'll be replacing my iPad with the 6 Plus anytime soon.

3. Taco1933 macrumors 6502

No, I have an iPad 2. The battery isn't so good, it's much slower, and the screen isn't good. It's still what I go to when I'm at home for emal and web browsing. The plus is fantastic when I'm out though, which is most of the time.

But it sounds your usage is very different from mine. If you're already not using the iPad, you certainly won't use it more when the plus comes in.

4. McPc macrumors 6502

McPc

No, not for me though I feel good enough about the usability of the 6 plus to leave my iPad behind on short trips now.

5. oliv2915 macrumors newbie

I am right there with you. I have only had my 6+ for a day but I think it has taken over. Trying to hold on till Vain Glory drops. Want to see the difference between the 6+ and the iPad Mini before I decide.

6. hummus macrumors member

At home, not really. I mainly use my iPad for watching Netflix/Hulu and browsing in bed and it's easier to rest the iPad on my chest than it is to handle the 6 Plus for the same things. Not to mention the bigger screen is nicer.

However, I was at a design meeting yesterday and had both my iPad and 6 Plus and while in the past when I had a 5c I would use my iPad most of the time to preview designs, I found myself using the 6 Plus the majority of the time now due to the screen size, and not feeling like I needed to switch to the iPad for a better view.

7. burgman macrumors 65816

burgman

i have found that with IOS 8 that i'm using my Air as my phone more than my phone.. At home and work. Sorry but for me a 5.5 doesn't trump 9.7. Actually that applies in other areas too. :cool:
    Sorry but wanted to be first with that

8. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Lol, Bejeweled doesn't work on iOS 8 so I haven't upgraded my iPad yet but I think I'll probably be the same as you. I often have a headset connected to my iPad already and since most of my family use iPhones, we tend to use FaceTime audio and iMessage in lieu of regular calls and texts. Phone and SMS relay would likely cause me to use my iPad for everything while the iPhone stays inside my purse. :)

9. newone757 macrumors 6502