Did your Macbook ever freak out?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Wie Gehts, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Wie Gehts macrumors 6502

I thought my mine was a goner earlier. Its all working fine except I go into spotlight and it won't find anything. First time that happened.

Restart and now my ext fw hd doesn't mount. Restart...still not there.
    FW won't show up in system profiler. I'm thinking the port fried or something...

OK, I'll shut down and pull all my usb/fw connections. Screen goes blank but doesn't shut down. Do a force shutdown...do a force restart. That works.

FW still doesn't come up. Shutdown again....except what I thought was a shutdown somehow apparently it went to sleep instead.....and it won't wake up. Now no matter what I do, this things dead. Great, my computer just DIED.

Keep futzing with every power key trick in the book. Dead. Dead. Dead. Now I'm freaking out. About ten minutes later I try another force restart and it comes alive again.

I plug all my external devices back in and , knock on wood, everythings back to normal. All I can say is WTF just happened??

Any of this craziness happen to you? :confused:

2. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

Yup, with my USB ext drive. I thought the port might have overloaded but the second USB was unresponsive too which made me worried. I did the same through system profiler, no mentioning of USB anywhere.

So I did what I usually do in situations that flummox me completely which was to turn off the computer, and go and have some coffee and a biscuit or two (although this was a half pack of Jaffa Cakes situation) and come back to it with a clear mind.

I booted it up, still nothing and then it refused to shut down so I pinged out the battery. After slotting it back in, I booted the computer up, and halfway through booting it stopped, booted again and then has worked perfectly ever since.

Weird, innit?