Did your Siri become more robotic?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by chrf097, Jun 14, 2012.

1. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

I was excited to use Siri on iOS 6 when she sounded more robotic! It's weird and I don't like it. I remember there used to be a "condensed voice" option somewhere in the system settings but I can't find it! Any help on how to make Siri natural.

2. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Yes but it's not just iOS 6. Some things (who knows what) trigger it in iOS 5, like network settings reset (sometimes), a restore, anything. It's random. My friend just got one and hers was robotic by default.

I walked around my entire department comparing the two and nobody could hear the difference either, it was making me so mad, lol. Everyone said it sounded identical.

3. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

Yep this is a very real thing. Usually its on a new iPhone out of the box, for the first few hours it has a lower quality more robotic voice. Then by itself it changes to a higher quality clearer voice. Possibly by some silent update that happens a while after activating the phone.

With this beta of IOS6 however, it has stayed sounding lower quality and robotic. In the UK the male voice sounds almost nasal when its like this. Probably a beta thing.