Did yours ship from China??

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by AppleJuiceBox, Apr 27, 2015.

1. AppleJuiceBox macrumors member

It's so weird, last Thursday I called apple because I was thinking of cancelling my order (so that I would get it faster from bet buy) and they told me that my MacBook was shipping from the U.S. (I'm in Canada) And should be here this Tuesday. So I didn't cancel

But today, I check my tracking number and it says it's in China and should arrive Friday...apple lady was wrong :(

Anyways is it normal that it's shipping from China and not from us?

2. noobinator macrumors 601

Just about everything I've ever ordered from Apple has shipped from China.

3. bjet767 macrumors 6502a

Every online shipped order of an apple product I have purchased has come directly from China. If you follow the tracing it will tell you each stop the product makes enroute.

The amazing thing to me is it takes only two or three days for the truck to pull up to my door. Just think about the detail it takes to make such a thing happen.

4. vanimal macrumors 6502a

Well if they were made in China, and no Apple stores have stock. Where would you think they are shipping from? :D;)

Makes sense to me :D

----------

No detail really, these are shipped in BULK via the carrier overseas. They get distributed. I get parts for my Motorcycle from Italy in 2-3 days to my door too. It should save them money shipping a ton at once. Kinda like Ikea stuff from Sweden.

5. bjet767 macrumors 6502a

Well not really BULK because they are individually boxed and addressed in China. So what happens is all the orders for that shipment day are packed together after being individually boxed and prepared. They are then sorted upon arrival in the USA to the various cities and distribution warehouses. If you had a look at FEDEX you would be amazed how the sort happens so fast.

BTW yes it does take detail for that one package to end up in the truck which stops at my door. You must be a young person who wasn't around in the pre-overnight delivery days. It used to take two weeks to deliver a package just across the USA.

6. fyrefly macrumors 6502a

I'm also in Canada, and my Space Grey is coming direct from China. They have none of these to sell to us except for the ones straight from the factory in China.

The one I picked up at BestBuy to try was built April 5th. They're shipping them from the Chinese factories direct to customers cause there's no stockpile sitting somewhere (otherwise we'd have them faster and the UK would have some! ;) )

7. JKNorth macrumors member

I'm in Canada. Mine came from China via Alaska.