Didn't even take me a month

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Michael CM1, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

But I sho' nuff figured out how to put a nice ding in my iPhone. Had it in my pocket, reclined back, recliner has a gap and a lot of metal under the seat...ding!

At least it's on the side, quite small, and no functionality is gone. However, Saturday will see me purchasing a case. I feel absolutely STUPID now for not doing it, but I thought actually treating it like an egg would work. Nope.

Anybody else given theirs a Darlington Stripe in the first month?

2. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

3. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

4. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I've got a few scratches and a tiny ding on mine. Still, I guess I'm just not a case guy. The iPhone, as pretty as it is, is a tool to me. A carpenter wouldn't keep his level or screwdriver in a case. I use my phone for what it is good for, and it will last me 3-4 years before I'm ready to upgrade.

5. Michael CM1 thread starter macrumors 603

If I ever come across a $400 screwdriver, I'm going to dip it in silicon to cover everything but the bloody tip! I understand your line of thinking. I'm just way too AR about all things gadget. I still can't get over the two itty bitty paint chips on the front of my car.

**Knock on wood** SOMEHOW my MacBook Pro is in almost-mint condition. I guess not keeping in your pocket where keys accidentally go helps.

6. stagi macrumors 65816

stagi

me too, can't stand covers.

7. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

I dropped mine within a week of having this past summer. I was sitting outside in a chair, slipped right out of my pocket on to concrete! Had a couple dings (no dents). Needless to say I was bummed about it and went out to buy a case. So I bought some leather (executive looking one) and hated it. Bought a Seido Super Slim, sold it. Bought a Incase Slider, sold it.

Bottom line is that the iPhone becomes very un-iPhoney when its in a case -- the feel is entirely different. I mean, I never used a case with my previous cell phones. What's the difference?

8. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Exactly. I'm with you.

9. Michael CM1 thread starter macrumors 603

The difference is I don't think I ever paid more than $30 for those previous phones and everything wasn't reliant on a touchscreen. I understand the point of view you guys have totally. I just have a completely different one. :)

10. noobiestyle macrumors newbie

Hey guys Amazing product invisibleshield. half you guys wouldnt be in this thread if you had bought one of these along with your phone.

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I have had mine for about 3 months, and so far no dings.

12. macDonalds macrumors 6502

I went with a cover at first but ultimately decided against it. She's just too perty.

13. csi24 macrumors member

csi24

I just use my Oakley sunglasses pouch. Works great for me, but I do need to find a case for it.

And I'm glad to see another NASCAR fan or racing fan:D

14. igotgame1075 macrumors member

igotgame1075

honestly, i don't see why they arn't making condoms out of that stuff. the current amount of retards in the world would be cut in half.:eek:

15. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

UGH, I got a ding on my iPhone earlier today. I was at the grocery store and I go to pull out my phone to call my mom and ask whether she wanted roma tomatoes or regular tomatoes (what that has to do with anything I don't know :p) but when I pulled out my phone I did the whole 'trying to hold on to a slippery fish' dance, and dropped my phone. There is now a little dent on the top left side. :(

It was weird because the SIM card slot opened and fell out when I dropped my iPhone. Has the SIM card ever fell out on any of you guys when you dropped your iPhone?

16. macbookhamburg macrumors regular

yeah the sim card slot opened when i droped mine... from a 2-3 ft. bar :) never trie to touch your phone with one hand after having a couple beer ;-) now it has a dent on the top corner but besides that everything is fine ... now sometimes i use a silicone case when i go out but i don´t like them that much and it takes forever to answer a call becase it sticks in your pocket... tried screen protection too but there were so many scrachtes on it after a time that it looked so cheap and ugly... now my phone usually goes naked :) ! i totally understand people that have cases but i don´t wanna wrap my phone in some ugly big case the whole time i use it and then when i take it out to sell it cause i got a new one or something i´ll be all like oh that´s what it looks and feels like....