Didn't get my copy of Pages!

joshlalonde

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2014
Canada
I'm writing on the behalf of my friend.
She got a new MacBook like I did, but she didn't register immediately. As such, she can't get iWork even though she's supposed to get it for free.

What can she do?

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
I'm writing on the behalf of my friend.
She got a new MacBook like I did, but she didn't register immediately. As such, she can't get iWork even though she's supposed to get it for free.

What can she do?
Contact Apple Support and they can help her or make a Genius Bar appointment at an Apple Store and go in and see them. Explain the situation and they should be able to help her.

hallux

macrumors 68030
Apr 25, 2012
The apps should have been pre-installed. Unless she had the OS reinstalled but never registered the apps she should have them.

joshlalonde

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2014
Canada
Contact Apple Support and they can help her or make a Genius Bar appointment at an Apple Store and go in and see them. Explain the situation and they should be able to help her.
She bought her MacBook from BestBuy and there are no Apple stores nearby.

Lefty21

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2012
Lexington, KY
Did she buy an open-box model? If so it was probably redeemed by the previous owner.

I saw that situation a lot when I worked for AppleCare, call Apple and they will fix it.

joshlalonde

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2014
Canada
Did she buy an open-box model? If so it was probably redeemed by the previous owner.

I saw that situation a lot when I worked for AppleCare, call Apple and they will fix it.
That's probably what happened. Thanks a lot man!