Didn't log into Apple account for reservation... am I safe?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wilymon, Jun 16, 2010.

1. wilymon macrumors member

I've yet to find an answer to this. When I went through the reservation process for in-store pickup, I never logged into the Apple page. I was never asked to and didn't even consider it (yes, I'm an idiot).

Now I'm super worried. I gave Apple the information they asked for, such as my phone number and the last four of my social, and through that they were able to pull up my correct AT&T Plan, but should I be worried? I should also note that since I never entered an email address, I never got a confirmation email. :(

2. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

DL or use the Apple Store app for iPhone.

Go to 'Stores', 'Reservations', to check if you have a reservation to pick one up.

3. JosephBergdoll macrumors 6502

Why wouldn't you enter an e-mail address? Are you new to the internet, or just thick skulled? Seriously dude... Call Apple customer service and I'm sure they'll be able to get your order tied to your Apple account.

4. wilymon thread starter macrumors member

I think I covered that in my original post.

5. JosephBergdoll macrumors 6502

Haha. Gotcha. I'm sure if you call from the number you upgraded from they won't have any trouble getting all your ducks in a row.

6. wilymon thread starter macrumors member

Nope, nothing.

7. wilymon thread starter macrumors member

Thats a good idea!

8. Trouser Cough macrumors member

Trouser Cough

Crowded Busses, Cramped Elevators, Taco Bell
    I did the same thing, it never prompted me for one and it gave me options for the three local stores. I called my store and my name wasn't on the list at all.

9. wilymon thread starter macrumors member

Holy hell... what did the people at your store say? Nothing they can do? Do you have a backup plan?

10. Trouser Cough macrumors member

Trouser Cough

First guy was all like "sorry, no way to access that info on the retail level" so I hung up, then realizing that it was bs because, well, they need the list to, you know....know who has a phone reserved.

Second guy couldn't find my name or primary name on list at all.

Dunno what ill do. Debating camping and taking my chances or just waiting for a white one.

11. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Very.

Not.

Good.

But, i forgot the Apple Store App is linked to your email. So I think my option to check is actually...NOT GOOD.

Ya, give them a call, but I don't think you are going to be happy when they can't find it.

12. wilymon thread starter macrumors member

haha, I wanted a white one too. I'm gonna check with my Apple store tomorrow, but looks like I'll be camping >.<

I'm thinking Walmart will be my best bet. I dont care if I have to wait in the store for 12 hours, I'm getting an iPhone.

13. Mac512-1987 macrumors newbie

Melodramatic.

14. Trouser Cough macrumors member

Trouser Cough

I didn't want a white one before, but I do now, since it's a more "exclusive" item and, well, I'm just that vain.

15. tritonj macrumors 6502a

to finish the reservation you had to enter your account info, if you didn't enter one then they have no way of identifying you

16. nfl46 macrumors 603

I don't think your reservation will be in the system. I remember getting a screen similar. At first I thought I had already reserved, but then I went back and tried again and this time it asked for my Apple ID and password. If it doesn't ask for that information, then you didn't reserve.

17. Trouser Cough macrumors member

Trouser Cough

I got a screen that said "see you in the store!" and that was it. Prompted for SS, Billing Zip, and Phone # before hand, and asked to pick a local screen.

even took a picture of it.

18. kozlosap macrumors member

Call the store you reserved at and ask if you are on their list!;)

19. tritonj macrumors 6502a

i know the screen you are talking about, i went through the same thing the first time, it wasn't until the second time that I got redirected to enter an apple id.

sorry to hear it happened, the best thing to do now is to pick a store and camp

20. beebo87 macrumors member

you could call the store to ask if you're on the list? i didn't know that. i should do that right now just to double check. i got my confirmation emails.. but i still want to hear someone tell me themselves that i got one on lock.

21. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

I saw that screen about 20 or 30 times as I was trying to preorder?? In the top left was an error message. If you try to make a reservation from that screen it looks like it works but never gives you the option of logging in or identifying yourself. :mad:

Forget it. You have no reservation.

After 14 hours of trying I finally got my order in... :eek:

22. Trouser Cough macrumors member

Trouser Cough

sounds like you have OCD. If you've got your emails, you're good. Sit tight, wait for your phone, and let the people at the stores do what they do.

I'll probably camp, I dunno. Not too hung up on getting it launch day, or week...or month. A buddy thinks it would be fun, so we may bring our 5Ds and bust out a documentary or something to have some fun.

23. ducktales macrumors regular

i had a reservation for the 24th, but clicked on the cancel reservation link in my email. i fail.

good news is that i preordered from ATT also.

24. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

That happened to me and my name was NOT put into the system.

Luckily I figured it out on the 15th and was still able to get a reservation to go through for the 24th.
    You're going to have to make a new reservation. Sorry, that really sucks :(

25. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Call the store. I had the same thing happen, and I don't have a reservation. They said they were working on whether there was anything they could do and would call me back.

I'm still waiting. I'm going to call them tonight.