Didnt preoder? Here is how you get a new phone on launch day with ease!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by krashx7, Sep 14, 2014.

1. krashx7 macrumors regular

I did this two years ago with iphone 4s and then again with the iphone 5. Simply go to a smaller town that is close to where you live and go to RADIO SHACK! You'd be surprised how many people dont realize you can buy them their through your carrier. I just walked right in both times as they opened and got a phone. Nobody was even there. No lines.. So easy.

2. CEmajr macrumors 601

The Radio Shacks apparently aren't getting any 6+ and the regular iPhone 6 is looking like it will be easy to find everywhere on launch day.

3. krashx7 thread starter macrumors regular

Source? Every where that sells them should get at least some iphone 6 plus's

4. CEmajr macrumors 601

Call around your local ones. The ones in my area said they're only getting the 6. Same with the other non carrier stores like Walmart. Might be different in some other places though.

5. appledude411 macrumors regular

I think I read that smaller chain stores were getting no 6+ stock as well. They are in too high demand

6. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

I realize demand is high I'm not taking away from it, but we so know the 5.5" had a supply chain shortage. I mean Apple is shipping way more 6's than the 6+

----------

I believe this has a lot to do with supply shortage. I'm sure the 6+ has huge demand, but the supply shortage is also going to make them hard to get as well

7. krashx7 thread starter macrumors regular

Just called my local radio shack and they will indeed have some 6 plus phones in stock Friday..

8. masgniw macrumors newbie

I pre-ordered with my local RS for the 5 launch and they didn't get a single phone in stock until a month after release.

I definitely would not recommend RS.

9. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

I got my phone on Release Day w/o any issues. Others after me on their "List" weren't so fortunate as phones trickled in,much slower than they did to Apple stores or AT&T stores after Release Day.

10. krashx7 thread starter macrumors regular

Thats why you gotta go to smaller town. You cant walk into a radio shack in chicago and expect this to work..

11. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

This will of course vary by state / location. In general though I believe it.

12. KieranDotW macrumors 6502a

What about the T-Mobile contract free option? And would it be unlocked?

13. krashx7 thread starter macrumors regular

As far as I know the only place your getting an unlocked phone is directly from Apple.. I dont know about T-mobile either as they suck so much I'd never even try their network.. Call up your radio shack and ask dude

14. AppleRobert, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014

AppleRobert macrumors 603

I would take the with the biggest grain of salt you can find. Can you preorder it? If not why not if they will have some. If the hell of it, I will ask my store. They had zero 5s when they told me they would.

15. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

What store is this?