Didn't realize iOS 9.0.2 was released 5 days after 6s

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by thadoggfather, Apr 18, 2016.

1. thadoggfather, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016

thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

september 25- 6s release
    september 30- 9.0.2

counted with my fingers, at the end of this month, approaching 7 months down the road in iOS dev and 6 months down the road in what's actually out there.. since 9.3.1 released March 31st.

I know the signing window stayed open a bit longer, but wow, that's really really early in iOS 9 development. and i knew it was not long at all after 6s release and i was so ecstatic it came out of left field seemingly, but pangu9 was released oct 14th, three weeks after 6s release :D so impressive, i was glad to have a 6s plus and not deal with backorder nonsense and miss the window,

As much as people complain about 9.0.2, I think it's been (relatively) great on my 6s plus this whole time thankfully.

Pleasantly surprised my Air2 works on 9.0.2 well too, probably due in part to 2gb and beefy a8x that was tested more than any other iPad since it had most share at the time of release,

I remember being really apprehensive about going 8.4 to 9.0.2 since I was lucky to get air2 on 8.4 well after the signing window closed from Target,

I'm sure older devices got less love than mine in terms of quirks (namely, I hear 6+ is hell, something I sold and moved away from on 8.4 when I got 6s plus on contract, stock, not knowing next JB but really apprehensive knowing it could be a long while and lucking out), both of which were still bleeding edge (and 6s plus is still, but air2 was the latest 9.7" so maybe it did get some dev love from iOS development standpoint in spite of being shackled to hardware releases and stockholder expectations) also split screen and PiP being air2 exclusives it got more Dev attention too

...but man oh man, it's been a while since a signable jailbreak has been out. I'm sure 9.1 users who held out or lucked out recently are happy too, but so am I (again, surprisingly)

I never get resprings on either devices either. Used to be type status, but that little bug resolved itself with an update,

In fact, I'll be apprehensive about 9.3.1 JB or whatever future follows, though probably tempted enough to jump ship knowing its way down the line from iOS 9 development as mentioned previously. also probably the grand slam in terms of mature iOS and jailbreak before the cycle naturally repeats itself with iOS 10 and new hardware/and support for existing hardware,

sidenote- I also have an apple tv 4 I got replaced on 9.0.1 from an atv4 that wouldn't pair with either siri remote at my place, having some Xcode mishaps but would love to jb it just for kicks, since I haven't since atv2, tvos9.0.1 was also released 5 months ago.

though still so grateful there's an atv4 jailbreak at all fundamentally out there, since atv3 never got anything,

I rode out my a4 atv2 for so friggin long cause of xbmc,

On an even other note I find it interesting it makes sense latest but "immature" version of iOS 9 early in the cycle would
    Work decently well since it's under publics scrutiny for whether or not the sales fly. Also find it interesting how reviewers don't update reviews months down the road. I'm sure assuming I have tweak-life going, 9.3.1 will be a delight I didn't know I was missing out on cause the stock experience itself is ... Borderline intolerable to me after jail breaking from day 1 of owning gen1 iPhone

iPhone 5 buying and waiting 6 months of stock was something I almost don't want to mention it or think about how painful it was. Entitlement is not what I mean to speak of but the experience without my added bells and whistles make it a paltry one.. For me.

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Apple held signing for 9.0.2 open for about a week.

That is to say that the signing window did not close for the first week Pangu was out for iOS 9. And we only got 9.0.2 so quickly after 9.0.1 because it was a bug fix for 9.0.1.

I was fortunate to get an iPad Air 2 on iOS 8.1 after the launch of the 6s/6s+ when 9.x was already out.

I left it on 8.1 and jailbroke it. :D

3. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather

That's good luck too, with the air2 situation.
    8.1 though that must be iPad air2 launch stock :D pretty sure it shipped on that version

4. white4s macrumors 65816

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Yeah, I got lucky. My wife's Air 2 came with 8.4.1. Had it been my iPad I would have tried the Yalu route since our iPads are not main devices for us, but this was my wife's iPad so I just had her update to what was current when she asked about updating (9.2 then I think when she asked).

Her iPhone is already jailbroken and since a JB on her iPad is not any kind of necessity I was comfortable with updating her to a non-jailbreakable version.

6. Isamilis macrumors 6502

My 6s came with 9.0.2, jailbreak it and its very smooth (now is already 5 months) Only the restart issue (abt once every week), which has been fixed by changing the system memory parameter.