Didn't The 3 Finger swipe USED To Work in Pref Panes?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by AstroHouse, Jun 6, 2008.

1. AstroHouse macrumors member

As stated. I've realized that I can't use a touchpad swipe in preference panes for navigation any more. Not only OS X but (MS 2008) Word and Excel, etc. Am I having a senior event?

Thanks.

2. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Three finger swipe never used to work in the Preferences. maybe you are thinking in the Finder? Because it works in the Finder but not in the System Preferences.

I don't have Office 08 so can't help you there sorry.

3. AstroHouse thread starter macrumors member

I guess you are correct. Wouldn't it be nice if it worked system wide? Thanks for your response, Watabou. Must have been the senior moment!

Still learning to love the Mac OS.

4. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Sure. The reason I posted that because I thought you could do gestures in preferences too but then it didn't work on mine. So...

Yeah that would be helpful if it worked system wide just like the two finger scroll. I've grown attached to the three finger scroll now. :)
    Can think of any other way to use the back button :p

5. Exana macrumors regular

Sorry to up such an old topic but I switch back from Lion to Snow Leopard on my 2010 MacBook Pro 15". I was nearly sure that 3 finger swipe was working in system preferences with 10.6.8. Was it dream ? :confused: 3 finger swipe is fine in safari, finder and everywhere else but system preferences.

I made a clean install 10.6.4 with grey DVD (no swipe in perf pane), upgrade to 10.6.8 with combo and still no swipe...

Is there an way to make 3 finger swipe working in system preferences ?

6. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

Install BetterTouchTool.
    Add System preferences as an app. Next add a gesture.
    Three Finger Swipe -> CMD+[

I am still running 10.6.8 and I can tell you for whatever reason it doesn't work. CMD+[ does though. It is quite weird.
    Never noticed it though because I never "go back" in sys pref. I open the right pane usually directly via Alfred (like Displays) and close it with 3 finger swipe up, a gesture I set globally to mean CMD+W.

7. Exana macrumors regular