Die Hard Naked iPhone'er - Finally Shattered To Smitherines

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by itommyboy, May 20, 2009.

1. itommyboy macrumors 6502a

itommyboy

Subject says it all. I refuse to bulk up and pretty down these amazing marvels with all of the craptacular cases out there. I've got my old 1st gen iphone swapped in and it runs fine but there is a huuuuuge dead strip right in the middle of it. So far the only thing I can tell that I can't do with it is hit the "send" button when texting. I guess I can live with that but my question is for how long? Should I ebay a screen? Is the new iPhone really just around the corner - June - July - August before it's out?

The touch pad and everything still works flawlessly just that the glass screen is in a million little pieces (no credit to James Frye of course). I live work play and die with my iPhone. Thoughts and comments from good ideas to flames of not case-ing these beasts much appreciated.

2. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

3. itommyboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

itommyboy

:D I know the way I treat these things it's a marvel my gen 1 is still in such good shape.

4. 12GA macrumors member

Yikes! :eek: sorry to hear that. In my second year bare naked and still going strong here. Dropped it a few times but just been lucky I guess.

5. DavieBoy macrumors 6502

DavieBoy

Im at work so I do not have it with me to give you more info. There is an ad near the back of macworld mag every month that does overnight 1 day repair. I want to say that it was cheap enough that if my phone cracked I would send it out without thinking twice.

When I get home I will look at it again and let you know.

I think this is it http://www.techrestore.com/xcart/product.php?productid=18385&cat=0&page=

looks to come out to $260 with the overnight service for your first gen

6. JCastro macrumors 6502a

I am also a die-hard naked iPhoner(?). I am sorry to hear this happened. I would jump on getting it fixed. The link DavieBoy posted looks promising. If you are pretty tech savvy, I guess you could try to do it yourself. I would not want to try that though. Good luck!

7. StoneGaijin macrumors regular

HAD a naked 1st Gen iPhone

Now I have a 3G in a case, my sig sez it all.

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Pics or it didn't happen.;)

Sorry to hear about your phone.

9. npm macrumors newbie

Similar Experience

I had this happen on my 3G and had it repaired at http://www.iresq.com/iphone/ . My phones screen looks great and as I understand it, the repair brings the phone back under warranty (if you still have a warranty.) 1st Gen iPhones look to be $215 with to and from shipping.

Great service!

Good luck!