Die Line Software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mathewr, Feb 26, 2009.

1. mathewr macrumors 6502

Hi,

I work for my dad and my dads company uses windows but i want him to start using Macs. Since i really like mine a lot and they look a lot nicer. The only way i can get him to get Macs is if i show him that it would help him. He now wants me to create my own die lines instead of outsourcing it. I was wondering if there was an simple program I could get to put on my Mac that helps me create die lines?

Thanks in advance

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Well those are all the business reasons a company needs to change platforms and re-train all their employees! :rolleyes:
    What??? He's actually thinking like a businessman? :eek:
    (Sorry, but I couldn't resist, since your reasons for wanting him to convert a business to Mac are just so absurd!) It sounds like you need to learn about business a lot more than your dad needs to learn about Macs!

You might start by finding out what software they're currently using and see if there's a Mac version available. Knowing what software they use now will also help in searching and comparing other apps.

3. mathewr thread starter macrumors 6502

I am not being entirely serious. I guess its hard to say things like that and understand what I mean if you don't know me. He would only get one Mac. He would have to use parallels on that Mac cause the software he currently uses is PC based. There is no in house die line creating. He would like me to start so it can be done faster.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Plenty of Mac lovers have to use PCs at work, because there are still many industry-specific applications that only run on Windows. Buying a Mac and having to run Boot Camp or Parallels, instead of just using a PC for the job, would only make sense if there was some added business value in having the Mac. Otherwise, it's not practical.

5. mathewr thread starter macrumors 6502

over the years he has thought about getting a Mac because there is a decent amount of artwork that we deal with here. since I have started working with him he thinks about it more because he wont have to figure out how to use one since I have been using mine for a few years. he also needs to buy new computers anyway. the comps here are at least 3.5 years old.