Dieing display series 0 SS

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by 01silver4, Nov 27, 2016.

1. 01silver4 macrumors 6502a

01silver4

IMG_0069.JPG So just ordered a 42mm Nike+ space grey volt band. Because my 42mm SS AW series 0
    Display started to die fading on parts of the display it is so bad that I only can see it at night, during the day it's impossible to see the display. Take into the Genius Bar they said looks like water damage, well I don't swim with it only shower with it. They wanted $250 to replace it, so instead of replacing it I put that $250 towards Nike+ model didn't want to get another SS model because to me they don't really hold there value especially since the arrival of Gen2 AW. Just out of curiousity have anyone experience this problem with there AW? Here is a photo On my display thanks in advance.

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

This is the first I have seen an Apple Watch with a fading display. Perhaps showering did contribute to this, even though Tim Cook stated he showers with his Stainless on as well.

You could sell your defective Watch for parts if you wanted to make some profit. But good decision in not repairing it, that would have been unwise. Did you order two Nike Watches Or one?

3. 01silver4 thread starter macrumors 6502a

01silver4

No I ordered one 42mm space grey with the volt band ships in 7-10 days. Why do you ask of buying 2? And I never would have thought showering with it could have damage it, my wife showers with hers sometimes but since the damage to mine she stop showering with hers.

4. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I misunderstood your post. In the beginning of your post, you mentioned buying the 42 MM Nike and at the end of your post, you mentioned buying the 42 MM Nike, which I thought you purchased two of them.

5. 01silver4 thread starter macrumors 6502a

01silver4

Oh ok