Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper

clayj

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Looks like Diet Coke Vanilla... er, Diet Vanilla Coke has some competition. They just showed an ad for this (including the old Muppet Show song "Manamana") during Monday Night Football.

:p

katie ta achoo

macrumors G3
May 2, 2005
wow, football must be slow... they've been selling this stuff at the dollar store for quite a while!

/I love you dollar store
//diet cherry vanilla dr pepper isn't as good as normal Dr. Pepper
///I LOVE DR. PEPPER
////if he were human, or I were a carbonated beverage!
/////GIGGIDY!

mikeyredk

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2003
Supposedly there is also a non-diet version out there somewhere but I have yet too see it

GeeYouEye

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2001
State of Denial
Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper to the EXTREME!!

hehe.. sorry, little joke.:eek: (if anyone else actually knows what I'm talking about i'll be very surprised)

Kobushi

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2005
Right behind you.
I tried the not-so-diet-cherry-Dr. Pepper and couldn't really tell much of a difference. And I'm a man who loves his Dr. Pepper.

--Mayor West (slightly modified)

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
I accidentally picked up a Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper the other day. It didnt taste that good, but I was thirsty, so I drank it. The wrapper looks too similar to regular Dr. Pepper. But I dont like any diet soda at all.

macartistkel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2005
Portland, Oregon
Oh I love Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry Vanilla---I have been drinking this stuff for months...its one of the best drinks out there right now!! :) Sometimes I hit a conveniece store that doesn't carry it and it pisses me off!

Verto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2005
Denton, TX
Actually, I've had the Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper, and it is quite good (although I expressed the same feelings of distaste before I tried it)

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I thought it was disgusting, but they were handing out free samples of it on campus, so I tried it, and it was good. I love that stuff

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
Cherry Vanilla isn't bad, but I really can't taste the Vanilla. What I really liked was Red Fusion. That was good. Also, Dr. Slice for those of you in the west who remember it.

Lyle

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2003
Madison, Alabama
clayj said:
Looks like Diet Coke Vanilla... er, Diet Vanilla Coke has some competition...
For some reason this reminds me of an old story from The Onion:
"I think the upshot of what we're saying is, if you love sandwiches of all kinds, then here is something moderately different that you might like to try. If, however, you are sick and tired of 'the same old sandwich,' then by all means steer clear of the Beef 'N' Bacon. Instead, maybe try the Arby's Big Montana sandwich, if you've never had one of those. Or just go to a different restaurant."

Kobushi

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2005
Right behind you.
Speaking of weird beverages, I recently tried some new grape-like Mountain Dew they were handing out on campus. It was kind of like grape cough syrup mixed with a bag of pop rocks. Anyone else try this stuff?

Seasought

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2005
Kobushi said:
Speaking of weird beverages, I recently tried some new grape-like Mountain Dew they were handing out on campus. It was kind of like grape cough syrup mixed with a bag of pop rocks. Anyone else try this stuff?
Yeah, but it was in 'Slurpee' form. I liked it a lot, but I'm a sweet-freak. :D

jadekitty24

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2005
The poor section of Connecticut
Kobushi said:
I think I know what your speaking of, and I found it horrible, but I prefer the toned-down diet soda's. I find regular soda too sweet. I think the Mountain Dew I had was "Wired" or something like that. It was grape based and, in my opinion, too sweet.

Verto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2005
Denton, TX
Kobushi said:
Mountain Dew Pitch Black