Differant Jailbreaks effect Performance

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 700-Grizz, Jul 6, 2011.

1. 700-Grizz macrumors 6502

With a handful of jailbreak procedures out there and each may have a purpose or not--
    My question is do each of these Jailbreak methods effect the performanced of your phone--because each jailbreak, wether its Snowbreeze/Redsnow/Greenpoison and now Jailbreakme has its own unique way of performing the task? Im running Snowbreeze now on 4.3.2 and was thinking if going to 4.3.3 with Jailbreakme just to do it.

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Programs like Sn0wbreeze and Pwnagetool create a custom IPSW for you to restore to. Redsn0w and (the now-defunct) Greenpois0n are stand-alone programs that jailbreak the iPhone and firmware you're already running. Jailbreakme.com is a website you visit with your iPhone's Safari browser and it jailbreaks your phone very quickly.

They all get the same end result (Cydia), but they have different ways of doing it. If I were you, I would ditch Sn0wbreeze and 4.3.2 as both have been reported to be buggy (Sn0wbreeze has always been kinda buggy). I would restore with iTunes and use Redsn0w if you really want to update. There have been some reported issues with certain apps not working once jailbroken with jbme.com. An example is the app BiteSMS not working; putting the phone in an endless boot loop once the user sends a text message.