Difference 13" MBP and 15" Unibody displays?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hints-The-Name, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Hints-The-Name macrumors member

Other than size, is there any difference in a 13" MBP and a Refurb Unibody 15?
    Is the resolution different? A noticeable better Color gamet? Anyone happen to have side by side pics of each?

Thanks in advanced

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Resolution is obviously better on the 15". There is a debate about the gamut.

3. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

I'm also curious about the new 13" screens. Reading through threads here, looks like there are a handful of different models. I returned a uMB in March because I thought the screen was awful and got a uMBP instead, was much happier. But I like the new battery life, so I was thinking of going back to 13" again, as long as the screen is nice. Looking at them at the store doesn't really help since you're not sure what kind of screen you'll get :( Sucks. I don't want to buy one then have to pay the restocking fee if the screen is terrible again.

4. cababah macrumors 68000

I would think ALL of the screens being used in the 13" MBPs destroy the screen used in the 13" uMB. (Assuming you had one of the ones before the "silent update")

5. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Yes, it was a pre-silent update model. I couldn't stand the screen once my wife got her 2nd gen MBA and I compared the 2. I was fine with the screen until then, haha. Now I'm being very picky about screens.

6. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

I'm not super happy with my 13" UMBP screen. But maybe that's because my 17" UMBP totally blows it away. To my eyes, the 15" UMBP display is better than the 13"

Maybe my screen just needs adjustment.