Difference between 2.66 and 2.4 GHz processor

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tigress666, May 23, 2010.

1. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Ok, so if one was considering between the two Macbook Pro 13"'s and hard drive wasn't a consideration but speed was (not really needed but just want more speed), is there really that much of a difference between the 2.4 GHz processor and the 2.66? Or is one most likely not going to notice?

I mostly do email and internet and honestly my current computer would probably be fine if I upgraded the ram, but I also want to do some light gaming (something my current computer's graphic card is sadly pretty crappy at even that... I have the mid 2007 Macbook and even most of the games out then it would run not so great at best). I don't think I care about it being a heavy gaming machine but I'd like to be able to install some current games on it to run and not just cheesy little stuff like gardening games or Sudoku (Shoot, Sims 3 specifically calls out my graphics card as not compatible). Really I've been wanting the light up keyboard, aluminum body, and the monitor with the black border looks so much nicer (white is not a good color to frame a screen with, black makes colors pop out so much better), and the touchpad since they started that body style (as well as a computer with a better graphics card). I don't really want a 15 or 17", I like the portability of the 13" and it's usually connected to a large 21" monitor at home so I don't care if the screen is small.

So would there really be a point for me to get the faster processor?

2. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

nope. since both 13" models come with c2d's i wouldn't go with the 2.66ghz. minimal difference imo. unless you go into the 15" core i situation, then there will be some real debating to do.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

4. tigress666 thread starter macrumors 68040

Heh, well honestly it would be better for me to just plain save the money, just wasn't sure if it was worth it to extend my budget for the better processor (I really cannot afford an SSD judging by prices by apple anywyas. Maybe an aftermarket one. I guess I could save the money and later add on those things as neither are something you have to buy with the computer but can easily be added).

5. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

im sure the base line 13" will satisfy ur needs just fine.

6. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

I've got a 2.26 Ghz MacBook Pro 13" with 4GB of RAM and its great:D I don't think the processor will make a ton of difference. I'm going to get a SSD, which will speed the machine WAY up:cool: