Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matt9013

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 27, 2013
Is there any difference in what the 6s and 6s+ can do? Can the 6s do 4K vids/pics or do I need the + for that? Any other features only on the 6s+?

Thanks

Aditya_S

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2016
The only main difference is the higher resolution screen on the Plus, and OIS for the camera. They both have the same camera but the Plus will be less shaky when recording video and have less blur that might be caused by shaky hands.

matt9013

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 27, 2013
The only main difference is the higher resolution screen on the Plus, and OIS for the camera. They both have the same camera but the Plus will be less shaky when recording video and have less blur that might be caused by shaky hands.
Cool thanks, still can't decide what to get. The plus seems pretty big compared to my S3 but I like the bigger battery and having OIS will be neat though I doubt I'll use it that much.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Cool thanks, still can't decide what to get. The plus seems pretty big compared to my S3 but I like the bigger battery and having OIS will be neat though I doubt I'll use it that much.
You should make your decision based.solely on the screen size you want. Everything else is virtually equal.

matt9013

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 27, 2013
Will do, anyone have a 16GB phone and get by with it? Not sure if I can skate by with 16GB or if that space gets taken up fast.

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
http://www.apple.com/iphone/compare/
You're welcome. Have a nice day.
In addition to this list certain apps show more if you rotate from portrait to landscape. I would recommend that you test them out side by side if you can. The first thing I noticed when going from a 6 to a 6S plus was that on the home screen all of the icons rotated. I'm not sure if the 6/6S does this now though so I apologize if my information is incorrect.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
The differences are:
Bigger screen 4.7'' (6S) vs 5.5'' (6S plus)

Higher screen resolution 720p (6S) vs 1080p (6S plus)

Optical image stabilisation in the 6S plus camera

Longer lasting battery (6S plus).
[doublepost=1457860354][/doublepost]
Will do, anyone have a 16GB phone and get by with it? Not sure if I can skate by with 16GB or if that space gets taken up fast.
It all depends on what you plan to do with the phone.

If you plan on having a lot of apps particularly games and like having your music stored locally then 16GB will not be enough.

However if you only need to use a few apps and are happy to steam all of your content such as music and videos and not store many photos locally on your device then 16GB could suffice.

cerberusss

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2013
The Netherlands
Optical Image Stabilization is a no-brainer if you have kids. You'll often be in a weird position/angle and you still want to shoot a decent video. I never thought of OIS as a plus (ha!) but I wouldn't want to miss it.

16 gigs means: a single big game, regularly removing photos off of the phone (or using iCloud Photo which I don't trust yet), and a small selection of music. If that's fine, then take the 16 gigs. I've managed to get by with it for years.

kevink2

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2008
I have had 64GB on my last 2 phones. 2 phones ago, 64GB was the top one. Last one, the middle. Stuff still fits on it, but I would have to worry with 16GB.

Keep my music local. So don't use data when driving, and on the highway, would have to worry about dead spots.

matt9013

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 27, 2013
Don't think I'll have to much big games or very few actually. Apps I don't have many at the moment that I use. Music I'm still deciding as I usually use pandora but may put a select few albums on it.

Photos, I'd like to take a lot of. I have a DSLR but when I don't have that with me or I want a quick pic I would use my phone. 4K video I would fool around with and get a few seconds of footage/min at most.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.