Difference between a Jobs presentation and Microsoft

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shk718, Feb 15, 2010.

1. shk718 macrumors 65816

What a difference between a Steve Jobs presentation and Microsoft presentation. First the camera work - the guy giving the demo is pointing to the screen showing us information on the phone and the camera never pans to it so we have no idea what he s trying to show us. Then he shows us how social the phone is - he talks about his female "friend" who he's had a falling out with and she's no longer his bff so he clicks the broken heart button which removes her. he then tells us about his wife who he moves into his x girlfriends space (i'm sure his wife loved that). so what? he was cheating on his wife then broke up with his girlfriend. During the presentation he was showing us a live phone then when he hits the office applications and photos and suddenly is showing us slides - so i guess half the phone isn't finished - jobs would never show off a half finished product with slides. no one in the audience claps at key points in the presentation - no one cheers. just dead science. then they try to show us how you can find a sushi restaurant (how original) on the phone - he clicks a search - if finds some restaurants then he clicks on one to show us information about it. guess what there is none - they say that they haven't finished updating information in Europe - so idiot show us one you did update. They talked about xbox live but show us no games - What a mess - and i think the phone looks like a mess.

2. benna macrumors regular

the guy there really wanted some cheer from the crowd, just like Steve Jobs pauses in between for a cheer up, here i guess there is yawns lol:p and the other guy who was talking about rest of the stuff, he was actually looking at something and reading or i guess he learn't the whole stuff and just said it there

3. jlblodgett macrumors 6502a

Thus the reason the phones/OS won't be ready until HOLIDAY 2010.

Pretty pathetic, in my opinion. Why show a product that MAY BE half way ready for production?? Would not surprise me if the final product was much different from what was shown.

4. benna macrumors regular

Didn't you hear Steve's justification for revealing the phone half way? "Avoid Messy Rumors, Leaks and all those hiccups":rolleyes::confused: lol :D

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

And right there you've identified the biggest difference between an Apple presentation and just about everyone else's!

6. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

Remember when they were showing off Vista? The voice control completely malfunctioned and then later in the presentation they got a BSOD?

7. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    I'd pay to see a picture of that :D

8. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
  9. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

In a Van Down By The River! Metro Detroit!
    x2

that was great!! ya it always seems to be the "fit & fishish" with Microsoft.... it's just never quite polished for release to the public......