Difference between calendar and reminders

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Drich290195, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Drich290195 macrumors 6502

Drich290195

Trying to figure out walkathon use reminders is surely calendar can do everything reminders can , am I missing something

2. ncaissie macrumors 6502a

ncaissie

On my iphone 5 reminders can remind me at a location which is very cool.
    And it keeps reminding you every time you go to that location until you check it off.
    There are also alarms which you can specify within the week and repeat.

3. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Here's a recent thread noting the differences:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1472664

The main one being that people use Calendars for events and Reminders for things that we need to be reminded of.

If I made a Calendar event to pay my car insurance, but couldn't do it the moment the alert went off, there would be no further reminders. In Reminders, it would alert me and then stay active until I completed it.

I use reminders heavily for things that don't fit into Calendar at all... such as shopping lists.

4. laudern macrumors 6502a

It took me a few minutes to work out what the actual difference was between the 2 as well. Logically, you would think anything you put on reminders could sync with calendar. But it's not the case. Calendar is for events, things you need to go to, or big things which will happen (meetings, bdays) things like that. Whereas Reminders is for one off incidental things, such as making a phone call, lists, picking something up....