Difference between Early Adopters and First day purchase

kalebnate

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
I preordered on the first day but got 3-4 weeks for the Plus in the UK. My order is still under processing, does that mean it is being manufactured and is NOT part of the first batch ?

---

I'm just wondering if my purchase is considered as an early adopter or first day purchase ? Because as I got to learn, first day purchase means people who purchased a product and got it physically on the first day, correct me if I'm wrong !

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I assume it will have a later manufacturing date than those who received theirs on 9/19.

Is that what you're asking?

kalebnate

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
I assume it will have a later manufacturing date than those who received theirs on 9/19.

Is that what you're asking?
Yeah. Basically people here are saying the first batch is the most prone to defects, so I was wondering if my order is included in this first batch or not.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Yeah. Basically people here are saying the first batch is the most prone to defects, so I was wondering if my order is included in this first batch or not.
It doesn't matter because there will be no change in manufacturing processes between batches.
To put it another way, if a manufacturing defect is uncovered, it will take time for apple to alter how they are made. At this stage, phones are rolling off the line today as they have on day 1.

kalebnate

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
It doesn't matter because there will be no change in manufacturing processes between batches.
To put it another way, if a manufacturing defect is uncovered, it will take time for apple to alter how they are made. At this stage, phones are rolling off the line today as they have on day 1.
Oh I see, thanks for clearing that out.

FunkyTang

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
You're only an early adopter if you receive it on day one. So this year the early adopters were on 9/19. Everyone else is a follower...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.