Difference between Early Adopters and First day purchase

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kalebnate, Oct 1, 2014.

1. kalebnate macrumors 6502

I preordered on the first day but got 3-4 weeks for the Plus in the UK. My order is still under processing, does that mean it is being manufactured and is NOT part of the first batch ?

---

I'm just wondering if my purchase is considered as an early adopter or first day purchase ? Because as I got to learn, first day purchase means people who purchased a product and got it physically on the first day, correct me if I'm wrong !

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I assume it will have a later manufacturing date than those who received theirs on 9/19.

Is that what you're asking?

3. kalebnate thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah. Basically people here are saying the first batch is the most prone to defects, so I was wondering if my order is included in this first batch or not.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

It doesn't matter because there will be no change in manufacturing processes between batches.
    To put it another way, if a manufacturing defect is uncovered, it will take time for apple to alter how they are made. At this stage, phones are rolling off the line today as they have on day 1.

5. kalebnate thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh I see, thanks for clearing that out.

6. FunkyTang macrumors 6502

You're only an early adopter if you receive it on day one. So this year the early adopters were on 9/19. Everyone else is a follower...