Difference between MacBook pro and MacBook air.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Given that my 2016 MacBook can run Youtube 4K just fine, both laptops you listed should be fine. I would pick the MBA out of the two given that it has an SSD, longer battery life and sleeker design.

Krackkid

macrumors member
Original poster
May 27, 2016
Given that my 2016 MacBook can run Youtube 4K just fine, both laptops you listed should be fine. I would pick the MBA out of the two given that it has an SSD, longer battery life and sleeker design.

You know by any chance From what Year that MacBook air is? Also, that air doesnt have retina screen.. :(

Krackkid

macrumors member
Original poster
May 27, 2016
Last edited:

Mcmeowmers

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2015
Hehe, well the thing is the retina screen is very nice but has a severe impact to game performance. The starting areas, being super old and low quality, will run very nicely but as soon as you get those spell effects in raids you'll lag.

You will have a wide frame rate range of 15 to 100 fps. Not exactly reliable. It's definitely playable though! Just don't get upset when you lag in a raid or have a super hot macbook pro.

Krackkid

macrumors member
Original poster
May 27, 2016
Hehe, well the thing is the retina screen is very nice but has a severe impact to game performance. The starting areas, being super old and low quality, will run very nicely but as soon as you get those spell effects in raids you'll lag.

You will have a wide frame rate range of 15 to 100 fps. Not exactly reliable. It's definitely playable though! Just don't get upset when you lag in a raid or have a super hot macbook pro.

No worry my friend. I got a Windows gaming pc where i play all the games on. Witcher 3, WoW etc. :) i think i Will just play minecraft on the MacBook.

Can i watch twitch streams maxed out without lag? And youtube video's in 4k?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.